Jfoster99

NRA instructor Insurance

The NRA offers the coverage below for $150 per year for the base option with $250k of coverage and I can name an alternate location ( my local range)

http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/instructors.htm?utm_source=nrainstructors&utm_medium=instbanner&utm_campaign=instbroadercoverage

Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative with the same minimum $250K or better coverage.

for example I have $500k liability insurance to cover me as an EMT with my local Ambulance corp and it only cost $39/year.

I did some looking for myself and chose the NRA Instructor insurance. The other insurance policies didn't cover nearly as much as the NRA. For example; the NRA insurance coveres me while I teach at my home, driving to the range and while at the range. If anyone falls, shoots themselves or crashes on the way to/from the range I'm covered. I'm also covered in case someone takes my class then does something stupid and hurts themselves, someone else or damages property with a firearm - and they choose to sue me stating I didn't teach them correctly.

I have an umbrella policy to cover my home and family so if a guest gets hurt at my home and sues I'm covered by the umbrella. So if someone ignores the "no diving" signs and dives into my pool and becomes dead I'm covered. The umbrella doesn't cover instructing or range time but gives partial coverage if someone falls on my property. I was unable to find anything as through as the NRA Insurance. If you find something comparable please tell us.

Btw: which coverage do you have as an EMT?

The NRA offers the coverage below for $150 per year for the base option with $250k of coverage and I can name an alternate location ( my local range)

Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative with the same minimum $250K or better coverage.

Anthony Colandro gave us the name of a better (NJ-based) insurance company during my recent NRA instructor classes.

It was http://guninsurance.com .  No personal experience yet, but this is who GFH and their instructors use, and his recommendation is probably well-based in reality.

-Dave

WWW.HPSO.COM

I am a volunteer EMT in my town. We have coverage while on duty in town but if I help someone while partying in Atlantic City the town insurance does not cover me.

We get 50% off as recent graduates so our yearly premium for the first year is only $43. A no brainier ....

Goto www.hpso.com. Select a quote... Be sure to put in "EMS volunteer" not "EMT Basic".

The select full time paid w2 (even though we are not paid) and you should get the rate below.. Pay online with a CC.I get 50% off as a recent graduate so our yearly premium for the first year is only $43.

Goto www.hpso.com. Select a quote... Be sure to put in "EMS volunteer" not "EMT Basic".

Then select full time paid w2 (even though we are not paid) and you should get the rate below.. Pay online with a CC.

The guninsurance.com cheapest plan for $300 for $1m in coverage

The NRA sponsored plan had an option for $175 for $250k.

I mostly teach friends and family now but need insurance because the range requires it. They need to be specifically named as a covered location on the policy for me to take students their.

The guninsurance.com cheapest plan for $300 for $1m in coverage The NRA sponsored plan had an option for $175 for $250k. I mostly teach friends and family now but need insurance because the range requires it. They need to be specifically named as a covered location on the policy for me to take students their.

That's interesting data.  Thanks.  I wonder if you could have any kind of accident at a range with firearms where $250k would actually cover you...