10X

Groupon deal on shooting simulation event

Firearms Support and Storage in Whippany has a half-price deal on Groupon, $39 for an hour for two people.  Their description:

"An interactive, theatre-style simulator grants patrons a chance to face down villains of the Old West or zombies searching for a human snack"

http://www.groupon.com/deals/firearms-support-and-storage?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=288b5cc1-84d9-429a-b471-fd1709de680e&division=north-jersey&user=fb9e77cdf57ee01b77bbc26e2d1dcbbf9db05b4f9f546b08887c5e546c3e936a&date=20140205&s=body&c=button&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=firearms-support-and-storage

Standard disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated with Firearms Support and Storage…have never been there, but was surprised to learn it's close by.  I just thought it was interesting to see this come up on Groupon.

Even more interesting, their website notes they are hosting a singles night (with simulated shooting) on Valentine's Day, and a Speed Dating event (with simulated shooting) the day after.   I've not seen that kind of marketing from a range before…    One wonders how many women they'll manage to get attending.

Humm, looks like it could be fun. Something that the wife and I could enjoy together. Here is a link for the website. If the video looks anything like what you experience then it will be a good time.

https://firearmssupportandstorage.com/firearms-training-simulator/

How soon people forget, that back in January of 2013 Groupon threw all gun-related offers under the bus and canceled all such activites. Now they've come back to the flock for more fleecing? No thanks.

I'd rather go to FS&S and just flat out ask them for the hour @ $40 in their pocket instead of getting the groupon. Hell they'll pocket more money that way anyways.

How soon people forget, that back in January of 2013 Groupon threw all gun-related offers under the bus and canceled all such activites. Now they've come back to the flock for more fleecing? No thanks.

I'd rather go to FS&S and just flat out ask them for the hour @ $40 in their pocket instead of getting the groupon. Hell they'll pocket more money that way anyways.

they realized that they were wrong. .why not support them now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Interesting, I guess it's been happening for a while:

http://www.webpronews.com/groupon-is-going-to-offer-gun-deals-again-2013-07

I don't know if it was regret over unwarranted demonization of the gun industry, or things are getting tough and they need to make a buck even if it means compromising their "values". While I didn't care for their decision, I think groupon and living social are the best ways to introduce new people to gun ownership given their wide reach.

Has anyone done this here? Was it worth going to?

I took GunForHire's Utah CCW at FSS in Whippany and while we were waiting for the class to start they gave us demonstrations of the system (and also let some of the people try it).

It's pretty damn cool.  They have 100's of scenarios, and they can go different ways depending on what you do and what the operator does.  For example, you are staring down bad guys and all of a sudden a cop comes around the corner and tells you to drop it.  You can either drop it and not get shot, or argue with the cop (in which case you might get shot), or shoot at the cop (in which case you've lost, and also probably will be shot).  The guns are real guns modified (with lasers for the tracking, and CO2 carts for a little recoil).

I think it would be a fun event.