I really like and priming so I don't think I'll go with the auto prime system.

Hey Hunting are those red things cases for set up turrets? If so where did you get them?

My next gun is the Shield in 9mm and will be rolling my own for that one too so I will be getting another turret set up for that soon. 

I really need to slow my spending as of late, my permit will be usable at the end of the month. I'm gona get the gun then TRY not to get too much else for a while...

Thanks Paper I gotta get me a few of those cases.

After I get into the 9mm I'm eventually gona get into 5.56. I know thats a whole nother animal though.

Mr Celt, I got my bullets from

http://www.nereloading.com/index.php/product/bullets/45-acp-230-grain-tmj.html

Got a range report..

Went with my Uncle and a friend to Quinton Sports mans club today and shot sporting clays and man what a perfect day.

After that we went back to the pistol range and I tried out Clays loaded at 4.0 grains and AutoComp loaded at 6.1 grains both the minimum weight by the book, well, Auto Comp is 6.0 grains but I like the disks better than the Charge bar and the closest disk puts out 6.1.

Both were at 1.25 OAL and it feeds perfect, don't even notice the action cycling. I had about 15 stove pipes out of 400 rounds with factory ammo and have not had one with my ammo.

The Auto Comp is the winner in my book because it has less recoil. As a control I loaded one of each in a mag and had my Uncle shoot it and tell me witch one had less recoil. I didn't tell him witch one was witch, not that he would know lol, and he said the Auto comp.

According to the book this load of Auto Comp should be at 789FPS so that should be good for heavy. Gotta find a crono though.

I still need to put better sights on there so I can get more accurate but I was shooting pretty good today (when I took my time).

All in all, great day...

I usually go to the USANA club in Elmer. I'm a little over an hour from Jackson though I use to go riding at Claytons all the time, in fact my avatar was taken there. I could come up to CJRPC anytime after March 3rd. I'm planning on going to my first IDPA at the SJSC on the 8th so I should also find out then my FPS with this load. 

CJRPC is the one that has the steel matches all the time right? Ill definitily be there for them.

I did my first little batch of wet tumbling and man what a difference. They are 100% spotless. I got 10# of the SS pins from Ebay for $75.

untitledpngwettumbledbrass2_zps17719009.

untitledpngwettumbledbrass1_zps8ccafd99.

Dumped them in an old colander and got them sitting on the radiator. Gona load em up tomorrow night and shoot them on Sunday at the USPSA at CJRPC.

Hey guys quick question,

I'm slowly getting started in learning to load .223 rounds for an AR,

I was wondering if you guys resize before you trim the cases or just or just trim then resize and load??? 

Ill give this thread an update too.

I've loaded about 1000 rounds of .45 so far and cronoed 15 rounds and they were all with in 10 FPS around 775 FPS.

I also loaded 400 rounds of 9mm that shoot pretty decent in my Shield, gona play with that one some more but my .45 is a tack driver.

Shot a few IDPA's and USPSA's and been shooting pretty well.

Thanks for your help guys

Hey guys quick question,

I'm slowly getting started in learning to load .223 rounds for an AR,

I was wondering if you guys resize before you trim the cases or just or just trim then resize and load???

Lube, resize/deprime, swage/ream (if needed), trim, wet tumble, dry, reload... That's how I do it.

What's the best way to swage (is that what they call it?) the primer pocket on crimped 5.56 Military brass???

And if I do it once do I have to do it every time to my brass??? I'm under the impression that once is good for the life of the brass but just want to double check with youze guys...