Sign in to follow this  
dman2112

NJ fish and wildlife

My buddy got a ticket for his pen freezing and not working to fill out the tag. He used the pen on the tag anyway with no ink just in case but still got a ticket. Coming from out of state and witnessing the attitude if the officer was just a joke. It was like a Jersey stereotype commercial

My buddy got a ticket for his pen freezing and not working to fill out the tag. He used the pen on the tag anyway with no ink just in case but still got a ticket. Coming from out of state and witnessing the attitude if the officer was just a joke. It was like a Jersey stereotype commercial

same thing happened to me. Had another pen in the truck so I drug the deer with me to go get it and fill out my tag. When I got to my pick up the CO was there checking other guys. I got written for improper tagging. $125 summons. You cannot touch or move the deer until the tag is filled out in ink completely & affixed to the animal, is the way the law read at that time.

Two years later during a deer drive I unknowingly trespassed on private property while I was pushing deer to the shooters. Didn't even have a gun just walking, and veered off state land onto unposted property. The property owner saw me and began yelling. I just pretended I was deaf and picked up the pace back to state land. When we finished the drive the CO's were waiting for us at our trucks. I got a civil trespass ticket. And lost my hunting and fishing privileges for 2 years. That sucked. same CO both times. Worst part is my father in law (who works for fish and game for 20 years) was with me both times I got tickets he worked with and was friends with this CO for years, and he couldn't get me out of trouble. Those guys are dickheads! I wouldn't be suprised if they wrote their mother's tickets lol. The bright side was I didn't spend my usual $250 a year to the state for two seasons for any license, permits, or stamps. I just fished at night and stayed off state land to hunt without a license. I just made sure I wore my Adidas in the woods & a ghili suit no orange. At that time I was in my mid 20's and in great physical shape, no 45 year old fat donut eating CO was catching up with me if I had to bolt. Tell your buddy not to get another ticket within 5 years or he will be in that same boat.

BTW the new indestructible paper the new licenses are printed on is almost impossible to write on with a ball point pen in the woods. Carry a fine point sharpie in your license holder. They make short ones like 3" long. I keep one in mine ever since I got busted 12 years ago.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

That sucks. But it's no different than getting a parking ticket while you were getting change for the meter. 
Doesn't make the guys doing their job jack offs. 

And I really have no problem with someone not getting special treatment because they "know people". 

. Carry a fine point sharpie in your license holder. They make short ones like 3" long. I keep one in mine ever since I got busted 12 years ago.

I carry a fine point sharpie but it goes into the inner jacket pocket of my jacket.. Try to keep it a little warm. Take the BS out of dealing with plastic paper and a ball point pen in negative degree weather. I guarantee that pen worked just not on the tag.. I still think that situation is BS, but then again people do NOT sign them and over harvest then sign it when they get caught.

It's a zero tolerance world. 

If you (meaning your friend) feel the ticket was not proper, there's an avenue for you to air your side of the story and be judged accordingly.  There's no need for you to sign the back of the ticket and pay.  If however you feel that you'll lose in court, then I guess you've decided you are guilty.

So...again people do something wrong and its their fault? Thats what you are saying.

Im mad at the cashier who makes me pay whats on the price tag. Who does she think she is. Surely she can cut me a break. What a POS for doing her job....she probably gets a discount. I cant beleive she is doing her job. What nerve she has.

Bullcrap - the original statement was he tried to write, but the pen didn't work, and the indents in the license were plainly visible.  The rest, in my opinion, is harassment.

So...again people do something wrong and its their fault? Thats what you are saying.

Im mad at the cashier who makes me pay whats on the price tag. Who does she think she is. Surely she can cut me a break. What a POS for doing her job....she probably gets a discount. I cant beleive she is doing her job. What nerve she has.

One major difference is that a cashier doesn't have the ability to use discretion when determining what or who should pay for goods. Also, a cashier doesn't get to claim or request "professional courtesy" for goods. Not the same. Do you attempt to punish every infraction of the law regardless of circumstance. If so, then your argument is consistent. If you have ever given a break as a professional courtesy or used discretion when writing or not writing a ticket, then your argument is inconsistent.