Sign in to follow this  
dman2112

NJ fish and wildlife

One major difference is that a cashier doesn't have the ability to use discretion when determining what or who should pay for goods. Also, a cashier doesn't get to claim or request "professional courtesy" for goods. Not the same. Do you attempt to punish every infraction of the law regardless of circumstance. If so, then your argument is consistent. If you have ever given a break as a professional courtesy or used discretion when writing or not writing a ticket, then your argument is inconsistent.

He is just following orders.

The cashier isn't threatening to write a citation for a BS violation, then telling me to "tell it to the judge", which will cost me $500-$1000 for a lawyer to defend in court.

This is like "the dog ate my homework."

Shit happens. And as firearm-related shit goes in this shithole state, that is not too bad. It's basically a parking ticket.

Your friend is responsible for filling out the tag. Part of that responsibility is owning a pen that works. That's not asking too much from one of two adult men. Your friend should know that after 35 years of hunting.

F&W is responsible for assuring that everyone is treated the same. They were doing their job.

It seems the comprehension of this thread seems to be overwhelming for Newtonian and others do I will simplify.

A. Animal is harvested at point A

B. Hunter takes out tag and attempts to fill out tag. Hunter realizes pen is frozen. Makes several attempts to complete tag.

C. Hunter decides to walk to truck to get another pen. Rest of party field dresses deer while Hunter is walking back to truck

D. While approaching truck. Crocket and Tubbs jump out of brush surprising hunter. Immediately interrogates.

E. Rest if party walk with field dressed deer to about 100 yards of truck. See Crocket and Tubbs harassing hunter Jersey style

F. Hunter gets ticket for not filling out tag even though explanation above is given

There was no ill intent. Rules were well known. Professionalism includes proper discretion and non was given.

Kommrad Newtonian may disagree but I think given the circumstances he should have been given a pass.

Ok, first I have hunted all over the US and Canada so I've ventured out of this wonderful state a couple times. Second, I still don't see where you answered my question. Did you call the deer in or report it on the website and get a harvest number Before you dressed and drug out the deer? If not, then you deserve the ticket.

Without that your story about the pen that didn't work is just that a story.

Interesting question......when did a internet-activated cell phone become a required hunting accessory?  

I think most (like me) are thinking about filling-out the old paper tag.  

You should call in your deer from the feild immediately if you have service. That way you dont give the Neo Nazis, sorry I mean the "Conservation officers" any reason to bust your balls. Obviously if the guy was trying to fill out the tag in the feild he already got a harvest number to fill in. Ive found the best way to avoid dealing with these jerkoffs is stay off state land, & know the rules to the letter of the law. Also know how to talk to cops properly, (they are cops) if they are asking you questions its not to be friendly. Its to conduct an investigation and trick you into incriminating yourself. That is in their training, and most are good at it. If you have an encounter with these guys I keep the Conservation to a minimum, one word answers or answer back with another question. When these guys approach you in the feild they will act like their your best friends, trust me they are not. Dont willingly disclose any more information then necessary. I now know this after dealing with them enough times. I hand them my license and whenever they ask anything I say "everything you need to know about me is in your hand" "I dont answer questions"

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

It would also stand to reason that since the state implemented the Automated Harvest Report System back in 2012, this honor system would force C.O.'s to scrutinize things a bit more. No, a cell phone is not necessary, nor is wireless web access from your tree stand needed in order to hunt.

You do know that if you don't have your Deer Harvest Stub you can duplicate the same information on a plain piece of paper? And nothing says that you can't partially fill out the harvest stub prior to hunting. Having the deer management zone & unit # already entered probably would have saved someone some grief.

I've hunted in nine other states over almost five decades. It behooves one to know the law before venturing forth.

:-)  I love going back and forth with folks who have never experienced life outside of PRNJ.  Its very entertaining

Well you re knocking on the wrong door here then.

The following orders was directed at the CO crew who didn't want to even consider any other action then writing you the summons as many similar men of authority do in this cesspool of a state. Just goes to show you their mindset.

Even more upsetting is the story that they write up a guy that worked and knows them for 20 years.

I ve had stuff dismissed on the spot due to officer s discretion. They didn't want to make an offender and criminal out of me. So they didnt. The CO's could have lent you a working pen.

I'm sure that many if caching a guy with a hollow point with his wife and kids back from Shop Rite will use the opportunity to bust a "criminal"

.......and to all of the "its your responsibility to have all in order" posters here don't forget that any of you can be jacked up on a technicality or fined. So don't take the you should have know better stance because it will happen to you in this shithole. Its only a matter of time.