matty

NY SAFE Act claims another victim

This is rich--supporter of SAFE act gets nabbed for violating same--sez it was an 'accident'. Plainly someone didn't like him and called it in, but the schaudenfreude is so aproppriate

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

Even IF he "forgot" that he was wearing it at first, once you start responding to a lock down you have to have pretty bad situational awareness to CONTINUE forgetting that you're carrying a firearm, until a pat-down reminds you.

Sounds like a BS excuse to me in this case.

Even IF he "forgot" that he was wearing it at first, once you start responding to a lock down you have to have pretty bad situational awareness to CONTINUE forgetting that you're carrying a firearm, until a pat-down reminds you.

Sounds like a BS excuse to me in this case.

According to another article, this douche-nozzle, SAFE Act-humper lied to police. He supposedly didn't know that he couldn't carry on school property. 

"Police say Ferguson lied to officers about having a gun on him during the lockdown."

http://wivb.com/2014/02/07/leader-pleads-not-guilty-after-scare-at-school/

Ok, I've never carried before but for those that have, do you ever forget you have it on you?

If you carry every day it may slip your mind. It's like wearing underwear. Do you always specifically remember you have it on? Probably not. It just feels "normal." 

Doubtful that he forgot.

The article says an anonymous caller reported that someone brought a gun into the school. That sounds to me like he regularly carried in there and pissed off someone who knew that. 

Probably a woman. 

Ok, I've never carried before but for those that have, do you ever forget you have it on you?

I carry every day. I have never forgot I was armed or forgotten to strap it on leaving the house.

If you forget you are carrying you need to conduct a serious and honest self assessment of you mindset.

I would go so far as to say that if you did forget, you probably shouldn't carry a gun for self defense.

So either they charge him, change the law for those with permits, or don't charge him and set a precedent. Hopefully it will make legislators think instead of writing garbage legislation. (Not likely) :rolleyes:

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

I carry every day. I have never forgot I was armed or forgotten to strap it on leaving the house.

If you forget you are carrying you need to conduct a serious and honest self assessment of you mindset.

I would go so far as to say that if you did forget, you probably shouldn't carry a gun for self defense.

I agree. I've been carrying for 40 years and never forget I'm armed or where I'm carrying (hip, shoulder holster, ankle, or pocket). I agree with Jeff Cooper who said if you're armed you should be in Condition Yellow. If you forget you're armed you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun as it may likely do you no good if you need it.

Doubtful that he forgot.

The article says an anonymous caller reported that someone brought a gun into the school. That sounds to me like he regularly carried in there and pissed off someone who knew that. 

Probably a woman. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Im curious how he got a carry permit in NY to begin with.

New York City is bad, but the rest of New York is not as strict as some of you guys think. My grandfather had a carry permit (owned a business) and my brother was able to get one because his boss gave him a letter saying he did their bank deposits. It's definitely not 'shall issue', but it's at least possible to get a CCW there.

A friend of mine has a carry permit and he lives on Long Island. Took about a year to get. Each time he gets a new handgun he has to go to the local PD and have them give him a new carry permit with the new handgun added to the permit. If he gets caught carrying a handgun that is not on the permit, he is in deep................. Their process to buy a handgun is even worse than our purchase permit process, but, they can actually get a carry permit.

Put him into the same cell as the guy who couldn't fill out his deer tag because his pen ran out of ink.

You'd think the #1 rule of concealed carry is to know you are actually carrying. Otherwise you might call the cops on yourself. 

I want to see him prosecuted because he's one of the people that pushed for the (un)SAFE Law to be passed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, now imagine if this was an NFL or NBA player, we would be hearing all about it in the media!