gleninjersey

What Are You Thinking About Purchasing?

I put 100 rounds thru the shield a few weeks ago. Nice gun but it beat the hell out of my thumb knuckle. I find it to be too thin for me to get a firm grip so it rocks with each shot and the top of the backstrap bangs into my knuckle. HG has them to rent if you want to try before you buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find the 8rnd mags help with that, at least a little. :)  I can get a much firmer grip on it.

I find the 8rnd mags help with that, at least a little. :) I can get a much firmer grip on it.

Took the shield out today and put 200 rounds thru it with one fte in the first 50 rounds with fiocchi hp ammo. Besides that no other problems. I thought the 7rd mag would be useless since I can't get a great grip but I found myself just as accurate and able to control the gun even without my pinky. I love iy

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Stopped thinking and went to HG this afternoon to pick up a used Mossberg 500 12 ga slug gun. 45 minutes later NICS comes back that the check is "in research"...whatever that means. They are holding it for me til the NICS comes back. What a pain in the ass.

I find the 8rnd mags help with that, at least a little. :)  I can get a much firmer grip on it.

There's a Pierce grip extension available if you're interested

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Smith%20&%20Wesson/PG-MPS

I put 100 rounds thru the shield a few weeks ago. Nice gun but it beat the hell out of my thumb knuckle. I find it to be too thin for me to get a firm grip so it rocks with each shot and the top of the backstrap bangs into my knuckle. HG has them to rent if you want to try before you buy.

I had that same problem with an XDs, and bought a Shield without first shooting it. Fortunately, I don't get the same problem.

There's a Pierce grip extension available if you're interested

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Smith%20&%20Wesson/PG-MPS

Do these extend the grip any longer than an 8 rnd mag? If not, then I bought several of those, so I'd use them.

Thinking about something like this with a blue label G34 and Burris Fastfire 2 (slickguns) and rear dovetail mount.  Poor man's equivalent to RMR'd milled slide...

YWRy3jf.jpg

im really thinking my next purchase is going to be a gen 4 g34 as well. been wanting to build a "race gun". the after market parts are everywhere and cheap 

I'm just about to submit my papers for a new P2P, and have a couple different models in mind.  It's gonna be either a Glock 23, or a Sig SP2022.  Right now I'm leaning towards the Sig because from all the reviews I've read the 2022 seems to be about as good as a P226 for almost half the price.  Anyone own, or have experience with the SP2022?

Got my fathers old colt trooper in 357 a few months ago, and now I love shooting revolvers....

Thinking about getting another 357, S&W 686 or Ruger Gp100....

Which to get?

waiting for my P2P's to come in..  think my first purchase with this round will be the Beretta 92A1.  Not 100% positive yet, but thats at the top of my list right now.  Love the Beretta 92 look, and its the only one that comes with a replaceable front site.  Accessory rail doesnt hurt either, in case i want to put a light on it. 

After that, i'll be hunting for bargains that interest me.  A ridiculously cheap 4" GP100 or SW 686 would be good too, so if anyone has one that they want to sell crazy cheap, let me know..    ;)

Permit 1:  Picked up a Kimber 1911 Custom II Stainless

Permit 2:  Maybe a Springfield XDm or XDs.. 9mm or .45.. Perhaps a Sig P226 but I already own 2 Sigs.  Or maybe a 4" 1911 in 9mm.   CZ 75B in stainless.... Cant decide!   

Thought about a revolver but I rather not add another caliber to the mix.   

Permit 1:  Picked up a Kimber 1911 Custom II Stainless

Permit 2:  Maybe a Springfield XDm or XDs.. 9mm or .45.. Perhaps a Sig P226 but I already own 2 Sigs.  Or maybe a 4" 1911 in 9mm.   CZ 75B in stainless.... Cant decide!   

Thought about a revolver but I rather not add another caliber to the mix.   

CZ 75B is a tack driver.  You won't regret getting one.

Glock 17 or 19, tavor, LH 9, a revolver in 454

Got a 19 & a 21 couldn't get the LH 9 for a good price got a M&P 9 Shield lolz at a "NJ" compliant Tavor.  I am Now thinking about a S&W 686 Performance Center.

When my permits come in, in chronological order:

1) Sig P938

2) Walther PPQ M2

3) S&W 41

4) S&W 686

That should cover all the categories for a handgun newbie...for now. At some point, I'm sure I'll discover a "need" for Glock 17, a Sig P226, a Beretta 92F, a snubbie, and a rimfire revolver.

This isn't counting the occasional long gun that I'm forced to buy. A Beretta 686 is beckoning to me.