anyone have one. I'm thinking of selling my ar. seems like i build one a year get bored with it and sell it. i love messing with my mosins and I'm selling my 308 bolt action. figure bring it all to one round save me some money and have some fun.

I was very close to buying one, well actually having it built for me. I talked to BHA's CEO and he even gave me a good price on one because we talked guns for 20mins and he was very nice. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that it takes PSL mags, and PSL mags are a real pain to find right now and when you find them, they are $50+ a mag and that's the low price. I'm a big advocate of having many mags for each firearm so buying a dozen or two PSL mags would cost as much as the rifle itself.

If this was pre-newtown and you could get PSL mags for the normal 20 bucks or so, I would have this in my collection by now.

Ive noticed the guns themselves are hard to find let alone the mags. I syill think i will question promag about making some if they can since they have the setup for the mosin archangel kit. Although ill probably not get a semi im more curious about it. I figure i have long range stuff and short range and if it came to a scenario where i would need something mag fed semi or auto id be able to find them lying on the ground

This would be fun to have. Are there other "available" 7.62x54 semi-auto rifles on the market? I didnt think there was because i assumed this was a round bolt action. I have this thing with fun semis that shoot cheap ammo

You can always pick up an SVT40 and enjoy some semi-auto fun and history at the same time.

If I could source out 8-10 mags for a decent price, I'd probably put in an order through BHA.

Other semi-auto options are the SVT40 as stated already and the PSL. SVT's are cool but they are quite a collector item now so they have shot up in price. PSL's are awesome but the few I have shot didn't shoot as good as I thought they would. Don't forget about VEPR's. They are made in Russia and are the creme of the crop. Very, very nice and you can expect consistent accuracy with them. They offer their platform in 54R and if you simply throw a scope on it, you're good to go for long range shooting.

It all depends on what you want. If you want a historical semi-auto in 54R, go PSL or SVT. If you want something more modern and a bit more accurate, go with a VEPR.