Boejoula

My first AR build

Upper

• Spikes Tactical light-weight complete upper (mid-length gas) - ($650)
  • Spikes Tactical INFIDEL dust cover - ($20)
  • Magpul MOE mid-length hand guard 
  • Troy industries folding rear sight - ($110)
  • Rainier Arms RAPTOR charge handle

Lower

• Spikes Tactical Punisher receiver - ($130)
  • Geissele SDC  - ($196)
  • Magpul B.A.D. lever
  • Magpul C.T.R. - -($60)
  • Magpul MOE trigger guard
  • Stag Arms buffer set
  • Battle Arms pivot/take-down pins- ($30)
  • Battle Arms Safety selector
  • CAA pistol grip
  • Seekins Precision billet mag button
  • Troy OEM M4 BattleSling Mount - ($45)

Optics - $662 

• Aimpoint PRO - ($390)
  • Primary Arms 3x long eye relief magnifer - ($130)
  • Larue Tactical FTS mount - ($162)

Accessories

• VTAC bungee sling
  • Magpul MOE rail mount
  • IWC mount-n-slot with quick disconnect
  • Bipod mount with quick disconnect

Now I don't plan on going crazy with mods right away, I do plan on changing what ever I don't like after a few trips to the range and a few hundred rounds through it. I do plan on a new trigger but have to try some triggers somewhere.This turned out to be B.S.

Any criticism, comments, and suggestions welcomed.

I would like to thanks @vladtepes for helping pick out the parts and put me in the right direction with the build. And for answering all of my questions without hesitation (there were a lot).

More pictures will be added to My Gallery:
and  throughout this thread

Edit: Update and Organize lists for myself

I stock and shoot M193 and M855, from Federal, IMI, and PMC for my standard 'everyday' ammo. Out to about 300 yards the M193 works well enough. I find that from 300-600, the M855 is a little more consistent, although it is nowhere even close to being 'match' ammunition.

I shoot Black Hills 77 gr SMK's for longer range, higher precision shooting.

honestly just buy the cheapest ammo that will run in you gun. i have a BCM upper and some reports have said that steel cased .223 ammo gives it problems. i put 100 rounds through it last week without an issue. on top of that it hasn't been properly cleaned in over 1300 rounds. i want to push it to the limit to see how long it performs so i just relube after each range trip. my buddy just gave me a mag that he said wouldn't run in his gun. it ran fine in mine. so figure out what she likes and stick to that. maybe you'll get lucky and she'll like everything.

honestly just buy the cheapest ammo that will run in you gun. i have a BCM upper and some reports have said that steel cased .223 ammo gives it problems. i put 100 rounds through it last week without an issue. on top of that it hasn't been properly cleaned in over 1300 rounds. i want to push it to the limit to see how long it performs so i just relube after each range trip. my buddy just gave me a mag that he said wouldn't run in his gun. it ran fine in mine. so figure out what she likes and stick to that. maybe you'll get lucky and she'll like everything.

i had a friend make the comment that he would only run steel through his "cheap ar" - i'd rather have a rifle that will fire anything and everything i can get my hands on.  i also just fired steel cased 223 (Wolf WPA) through my ar for the first time with no issues whatsoever...and i'll continue to do so.  if it works, it works

Looks great! Love the break. 

I ordered a ton of PMC Bronze way before the ammo crisis of 2013 and have NEVER had a problem with it. Just got a stock of Independence 55grain 5.56 XM193 2 days ago and will try that this weekend. 

Federal XM193 and Federal XM855.  Have *ahem* a decent amount stocked up.  Good if you are just punching paper.  If you are going for the smallest possible holes you can possibly make you are going to need to shell out some good money for glass and start looking at different types of SMKs, BTHPs, VMax, etc, etc.  Not a fan of the KNS anti-roll pins either.  I have never seen the point.  

Federal XM193 and Federal XM855.  Have *ahem* a decent amount stocked up.  Good if you are just punching paper.  If you are going for the smallest possible holes you can possibly make you are going to need to shell out some good money for glass and start looking at different types of SMKs, BTHPs, VMax, etc, etc.  Not a fan of the KNS anti-roll pins either.  I have never seen the point.  

decided not to get them after some further reading.. no point lol

Looks great! Love the break. 

I ordered a ton of PMC Bronze way before the ammo crisis of 2013 and have NEVER had a problem with it. Just got a stock of Independence 55grain 5.56 XM193 2 days ago and will try that this weekend. 

thanks

glad I could help you with it.. looking forward to some pics...

I like to shoot whatever brass.. but I prefer to stock and shoot xm193 

probably going to get the xm193, seems to be the concencus.

more pics coming from the range tomorrow. hope it doesnt take me the whole trip to zero it!

Have an EOtech coming soon. Giessle SSA ready to go in. Few more parts on list coming soon

im with vlad. boooooo on the EOtech. yaaay on the geissele.

in my opinion aimpoints are much better in every way. they take a huge beating and still keep working. plus, the battery lasts for 50000+ hours (5 years) of constant on.

Meh. I like my eotech. Much better reticle, faster imo. The sight picture with eotechs are my preference.

faster is subjective... I would argue having used both AImpoint is faster.. additionally when magnified you are dealing with a 2moa dot magnified as opposed to some giant reticle.. but again I will chalk that up to opinion...

aimpoint factually has less instances of mass failure

aimpoint also has a longer battery life..

aimpoint I believe also comes in cheaper.. with a NV compatible model that includes a mount at under $400

so you can like eotechs no issue there.. but I find no factual reason that one is "better" than an aimpoint... 

and if you can tolerate the small tube nothing really compares to the micro aimpoints... sure they are money.. but indestructible and absurdly lightweight 

faster is subjective... I would argue having used both AImpoint is faster.. additionally when magnified you are dealing with a 2moa dot magnified as opposed to some giant reticle.. but again I will chalk that up to opinion...

aimpoint factually has less instances of mass failure

aimpoint also has a longer battery life..

aimpoint I believe also comes in cheaper.. with a NV compatible model that includes a mount at under $400

so you can like eotechs no issue there.. but I find no factual reason that one is "better" than an aimpoint...

and if you can tolerate the small tube nothing really compares to the micro aimpoints... sure they are money.. but indestructible and absurdly lightweight

I'm not interested in getting into another pissing contest about eotechs and aimpoints. I said I prefer them for MY reasons. I never said either was better than the other.

I'm happy with my sight and I'm glad youre happy with yours.

Btw Vlad I'm not trying to be a tool. Its just a dead horse issue that I don't feel like re hashing anymore.

This is definitely a dead horse issue.

i researched the shit out of both and had a lot of trouble deciding. i bought the EOtech simply out of ease. came across a good deal, good enough that if  i don't like it a can get really close to what  i paid. if i can find an aimpoint to play with i would be happy. decide what works best for ME. I have taking a lot of advice from Vlad and haven't been let down yet.

i researched the shit out of both and had a lot of trouble deciding. i bought the EOtech simply out of ease. came across a good deal, good enough that if i don't like it a can get really close to what i paid. if i can find an aimpoint to play with i would be happy. decide what works best for ME. I have taking a lot of advice from Vlad and haven't been let down yet.

I'm willing to bet neither will let you down.

i researched the shit out of both and had a lot of trouble deciding. i bought the EOtech simply out of ease. came across a good deal, good enough that if  i don't like it a can get really close to what  i paid. if i can find an aimpoint to play with i would be happy. decide what works best for ME. I have taking a lot of advice from Vlad and haven't been let down yet.

if you paid more than 400 you paid too much since a new in box PRO (including mount and night vision compatibility) costs that much.. 

if you paid more than 400 you paid too much since a new in box PRO (including mount and night vision compatibility) costs that much..

He probably got the exps2 for 450 that comes with a QD attachment, lower 1/3 cowitness and a free 3x magnifier.

But unfortunately no nvg capability :(

Those things I mentioned are not standard with a PRO