Rolo38

What's up from Jersey City

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been following the forums for some time now and have found it to provide a lot of valuable information, so I decided to join and possibly contribute to the disccussions.

Anyway, I have an issue with my FID change of address application, which I will post in the gun law discussion topic section shortly.  If anybody checking out that thread has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated! And of course you have any questions for me on this thread, that's cool too.

Welcome from a former Jersey City resident. I just got my FID last year, but should have gotten it like 10+ years ago except I was a Jersey City resident at the time and couldn't fulfill all their bull$*$$ requirements.

Boo, did they give you this ridiculous packet of extra requirements asking for very intrusive information? This is what they are asking for my address change, checkout my thread in the general gun law section where I outline everything. I had a feeling this is something they are doing for a while.

I am glad you were able to get your FID in friendlier territory. 

Yep, that's exactly what I had to do. I had just moved there from out-of-state, and if I recall correct, I needed to have references who were Jersey City residents that had known me for 3 years. Hard to do when you're new in town! Later on I moved elsewhere, but still in Jersey City. Ended up with a bunch of roommates, 2 of whom I doubt would have cooperated. Not to mention having to ask my boss in Manhattan to fill out a notarized letter saying they were okay with me getting a gun.

Thats the rub with me, boo. Besides a family member (who don't count), I don't know anybody in JC, let alone anybody for 3 years. I thought that particular thing was a preference, from how I interpreted it, though I am not surprised it is a requirement, as you seem to be saying. 

Plus where I work they are really liberal. As you, I do not want to ask my boss to write a notarized letter. He can tell me what to do at work, but in no way will I ask him permission to be a gun owner.

All in all, I feel your pain