Rolo38

FID change of address issue in Jersey City

People are talking     You don't need a PFID to apply for a P2P........ They are two separate unrelated things

But you'll need a valid and correct PFID when you pick up the pistol, at your FFL. Thus the P2P is useless with out the PFID. Am I to understand this in not correct?

If not still keep in mind we're talking about NJ........ Where gun laws are adhered to by public officials religiously ( maybe.... after you spend $$$$$$ on lawyers and go thru 4 or 5 courts)

It never ceases to amaze me how gun laws (for purchasing/obtaining/qualifying for) in this state and be so blatantly ignore and twisted ....... With still no/little  higher authority intervention.

But you'll need a valid and correct PFID when you pick up the pistol, at your FFL. Thus the P2P is useless with out the PFID. Am I to understand this in not correct?

First, it's FPID (Firearms Purchaser ID Card) - and no you do not need a FPID to pick-up your handgun, just your Permit to Purchase.

I'm not sure if this was you done by you, Rolo38, but the extra illegal requirements that Jersey City were overturned by an appellete court:

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/04/jersey-citys-extra-gun-forms-offensive-to-new-jersey-law/#axzz30GtMZZxC

Jersey City’s Extra Gun Forms Ruled Offensive to New Jersey Law

I'm not sure if this was you done by you, Rolo38, but the extra illegal requirements that Jersey City were overturned by an appellete court:

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/04/jersey-citys-extra-gun-forms-offensive-to-new-jersey-law/#axzz30GtMZZxC

Jersey City’s Extra Gun Forms Ruled Offensive to New Jersey Law

The guy posts as "AnArmedAttorney" on NJ.com/Star Ledger... He's an attorney too.