mag1

FYI. Brown offering .38 super limited run 1911

.38 super blah gimmick round like the .45 gap

You're showing your lack of knowledge. The 38 Super was put out by Colt in 1929 at the requests from LE for a handgun round capable of better penetrating car bodies and bullet proof vests of the Roaring 20s. It was the most powerful handgun round until the intro of the 357 Magnum about 6 years later. It became a favorite in many countries that forbid their citizens from owning military caliber handguns.

It also became a darling of the IPSC crowd as you could make major with less recoil than a 45.

Hardly a gimmick round.

Fork, not true.Have another cup of coffee.

MSRP are a little over $3200 I think.

Got mine for $2999.

another link is 

http://tractusarms.com/  Greg is a cool guy to deal with too.

Here is what I was told:

"There are not allowing any to have any options or mods, most all are already completed or will be very shortly.

Was told by Brown that all guns have a clean left side of slide (no engraving) but I understand it still has the Custom by on the right, cannot confirm this till tomorrow."

The dealers have no idea what they will look like until they arrive. They are suppossed to arrive today. Naked slide on one side is nice, and they do have adjustable sights. Stainless or GenIII.

First special batch in 9mm build sold out within hours. I forget the number of pistols, maybe 100. You had to be signed up with the newsletter to get a hold of one. They emailed you and let you know how to buy one.
I wasnt signed up at the time, so I missed out. I think those went for $2800. Pretty sure it was the Special Forces full size. 

Recently, they had 24 frames left over from the special forces build, and made 9mm Kobras. No one but the top dealers were contacted this time. No emails to us non-dealers.
I asked why, and I was told that due to the overwhelming response from the previous announcement of the 9mm run, they had thousands of phone calls and wanting wait lists. It was a huge success for them.

When I get the exact specs I will post here. Unless anyone else knows sooner, please post..

You're showing your lack of knowledge. The 38 Super was put out by Colt in 1929 at the requests from LE for a handgun round capable of better penetrating car bodies and bullet proof vests of the Roaring 20s. It was the most powerful handgun round until the intro of the 357 Magnum about 6 years later. It became a favorite in many countries that forbid their citizens from owning military caliber handguns.

It also became a darling of the IPSC crowd as you could make major with less recoil than a 45.

Hardly a gimmick round.

Griz - You're right on all counts! I'm not crazy about 38 Super though because it is a "Semi-Rimmed" cartridge.

Gimmick round maybe it was worth a shit in 1920! Today its a gimmick round, cause everyone owns one today right? Where is your lack of knowledge it's 2014! Cheers!

Your youthful arrogance is duly noted. The 38 Super was the highest velocity semi auto pistol round untilI the 10mm in 1983. There is a smaller following but there still is a following. It would seem that a round that has been around for 85 years and manufacturers are still making guns for is hardly a "gimmick round".

If someone was shooting at you with one I'm sure you wouldn't be thinking "gimmick round".

Specs:

Ed Brown Government 1911
38 Super ramped barrel
Chainlink 3 front strap and MainSpring Housing
Adjustable rear sight
Black front sight
Custom By Ed Brown' slide marking
Single side safety
2 magazines

Upgrades that are needed!

Rear serrations (+extractor), and extra polish, serrated, tuned extractor

Fit/blend  EB Maxiwell
Crown/recess barrel 45º (WC style) polished
Presentation bead blast 
Harrison true radius sear, maybe Harrison HD-120 full ignition set
Cylinder & Slide Oversize Diameter Hammer and Sear Pin Set
Brown extended tactical mag catch
Medium solid trigger

Was gonna try to remove the brown slide markings, but they may be too deep..We will see

Your youthful arrogance is duly noted. The 38 Super was the highest velocity semi auto pistol round untilI the 10mm in 1983. There is a smaller following but there still is a following. It would seem that a round that has been around for 85 years and manufacturers are still making guns for is hardly a "gimmick round".

If someone was shooting at you with one I'm sure you wouldn't be thinking "gimmick round".

I lol @ your last attempt at pathetic sarcasm

Fork, in all seriousness, you should do some research on this. .38 Super is quite popular in some circles, both in competition and in a admittedly smaller scale self defense.

You do look a bit silly with your comments.

Your right vlad my comments are silly but still true it was a gimmick round and still is ever walk into a Gunshop and see any gun in .38 super other then a custom 1911? On the shelf?? Thought so!! Even S&W tried a gimmick run of .38 super revolvers which didn't work out! I know what I'm talking about at all times jus sayin

Your right vlad my comments are silly but still true it was a gimmick round and still is ever walk into a Gunshop and see any gun in .38 super other then a custom 1911? On the shelf?? Thought so!! Even S&W tried a gimmick run of .38 super revolvers which didn't work out! I know what I'm talking about at all times jus sayin

Why would I want it in something other then a 1911?  I fear you don't understand the purpose of the round but that's ok.  Perhaps we all should use the same 9mm Glock 19 or something, no need for any other cartridges in the world.

There are lots of interesting toys in the world that you can't buy off the shelf. If that doesn't interest you, then why are you so interested in a conversation about a cartridge you don't care about?

I think we're splitting hairs here, but..

It isn't a gimmick because it did have a genuine purpose in it's day, and people find a good use for it still. Obsolete? Sure. Still a good round for what it's worth.

Things like 45 GAP and whatever that crap Armscor is pushing... Those are gimmicks.

Not the best, but first time w this caliber at 15 yards. Maybe sight needs to be moved slightly to right.  Last 2 shots were in the center when I aimed slightly right. The best shooter I have so far.

20140314_094020_zps43eefff5.jpg

20140314_094737_zps0b9985ba.jpg

20140314_094744_zpsc3b0789c.jpg

I see a few dealer got them in. Send me a text with what you paid and who you ordered from. I shot a tricked out STI edge 6.0 last night. Holy cow was it nice. Think I know what my next gun is.

I've walked into one gun shop that had a glock 20 in stock. That's the only time I've seen any 10mm gun in stock. And I've been to quite a few looking for one.  So by your logic 10mm is a gimmick round?  Just learn to bow out gracefully next time. Remember, you can remain silent and be thought a fool, or speak out and remove all doubt. 

I've walked into one gun shop that had a glock 20 in stock. That's the only time I've seen any 10mm gun in stock. And I've been to quite a few looking for one.  So by your logic 10mm is a gimmick round?  Just learn to bow out gracefully next time. Remember, you can remain silent and be thought a fool, or speak out and remove all doubt. 

agreed