FishHunter

newbie need powder

Have a Hornady LNL on the way, can not find powder. Plan is for Accurate no.2 or HP38 or W231 for 9mm, 40 SW and 45 USPSA and steel loads.

If anyone has some I can buy, or perhaps go in on buy to help reduce costs.

Will also need bullets and primers. Midway has the primers.

good luck. If you find any, let me know.

I was at Sarco in Easton yesterday and they had a variety of powders on the shelf. You might try giving them a call and see if they have what you need. If it's too far for you (I'm on mobile so can't see your location) let me know by tomorrow and I can pick it up for you if you can get to Burlington on Tuesday/Weds or Gloucester City (Camden) on Thursday...yes, that's my work schedule this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I passed by Solomon's but can never catch him open.

Home is Freehold so PA is a bit of a trip but I may have no choice.

Thank you for the offer Magnawing, If you can get any of the powders I listed in largest size they have, will be grateful to meet you Tuesday in the am. Can also do Camden on Thursday AM. Will pm my cell to you.

Hard to believe pistol powder is so rare these days.

I passed by Solomon's but can never catch him open.

Home is Freehold so PA is a bit of a trip but I may have no choice.

Thank you for the offer Magnawing, If you can get any of the powders I listed in largest size they have, will be grateful to meet you Tuesday in the am. Can also do Camden on Thursday AM. Will pm my cell to you.

Hard to believe pistol powder is so rare these days.

Has been since late 2012

Will also need bullets and primers. Midway has the primers.

I can help with a small supply of bullets (Extreme 124 GR RN) and an equal supply of primers and cleaned brass if you need it.  I've got no powder left and only 1,000 bullets and primers on hand, but I'll hook you up with some so that you can at least experiment with your new press.  

Others have helped me in the past with these supplies and so I'm happy to help and pay it forward.  

NJ Reloader is the best, but I haven't seen anything about a 2014 group order yet.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any 9 left from last years order.

I've been receiving emails directly from xtreme and they have stuff in stock.

I was in touch with Alex once before for the lead heads.  Nice guy and his product is reported to be excellent.

Thank you.  WHen and where can we meet. I am free tomorrow.

I'm in Middletown, but lets wait until your press arrives and get together then.  You may find supplies in the meantime but if you don't I promise to hook you up with a supply to get you started.  

Do you have a tumbler?  If not I strongly recommend reaching out to heavyop for one of his machines.  

See Alex @ Ibejiheads.com for bullets. He's a regular shooter at CJ & OB matches. Great prices, quality bullets and an awesome guy to deal with.

For us in NJ Ibeji is the best deal going -- quality product and great service --  pick up at a match or his facility and save the shipping costs

Do you have a tumbler?  If not I strongly recommend reaching out to heavyop for one of his machines.  

I do have materials for 1 more 

Finally mounted the press and installed the dies. Have not run any powder through it yet. Just tweaking the dies.

Got my hands on a few pounds of Bullseye and a SR 7625 [thanks to a fellow OBRPC member].

Set the powder through expander to barely flare the mouth, to minimize stress on the brass. Should also minimize crimp requirements.

I got the seating die set up with barely any crimp - seems to hold well.

Funnel on case feeder is cracked - Hornady is replacing without question.

Will start with 9mm, Xtreme 147gr plated. Hand feed cases and heads until I confirm consistent results.

If someone has a a Chrono, I would appreciate using it to confirm my work.

I just received my powder today. Eight lbs of green dot. Assembled/degreased my press.

I have around 850 pieces of tumbled brass (45ACP).

500 bullets (230gr. TMJ) with 600 more coming from hornady's promotion (45ACP).

4,000 Winchester LP primers.

Now all I need is a workbench and to set up the dies and I'll be good to go.

Can't wait to see the results.

Anyone have a "recipe" for green dot and 45acp?

200 LSWC 4.7gr Green Dot WLP OAL 1.245

YMMV

I have 230gr TMJs and whatever hornady will send me eventually.

Thanks

Will this work with my parts? I'm seeing 4.9gr to 5.3gr is the standard for Green Dot and 45 ACP.

Caliber...Bullet Case .................Minimum OAL Primer... Powder.. Charge Weight(grains) Velocity

45 Auto 230 gr Speer LRN Speer 1.27...........   CCI 300 Green Dot.......... 5.3.................... 842

I guess I'll start around 4.9gr and work up if need be.