big five

I feel in love with a moss930

yeh Nick how many people now got a 930 after shooting yours.............

LOL I love seeing a new owner try to shoot their gun without putting all the parts back in it......Arnold you there?

Honest mistake.... :blush:... That's why I wanted to arrive early and test it! It had never been fired before.  

It works nicely, now though!  Thanks Nick!  :)

Not sure if it was pointed out to you, but JM Pro capacity is 8+1 or 9+1 in stock form, so factor in the cost of a downgraded magazine extension to meet NJ 6+1 capacity restrictions (not to mention the usual hassle of buying non-compliant firearms, e.g. dealing with cooperative FFLs or buying out of state, etc.). Nordic Components seems to be the brand of choice.

does the jm pro have any issues I should consider

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The JM Pro seems to be hit and miss and so does the 930spx. I have a 930spx setup for 3gun and it runs great. I clean it pretty often but I will cycle very light loads.  I was shooting it the other day with a guy who had a Beretta 1301 and he had problems cycling the light 7/8 loads but mine was fine. There is a lot of info on the 930's just search and you will find all kinds of problems.

So glad I got a good one!

Not sure if it was pointed out to you, but JM Pro capacity is 8+1 or 9+1 in stock form, so factor in the cost of a downgraded magazine extension to meet NJ 6+1 capacity restrictions (not to mention the usual hassle of buying non-compliant firearms, e.g. dealing with cooperative FFLs or buying out of state, etc.). Nordic Components seems to be the brand of choice.

I used the Nordic Components +2 extension kit. But in my case, I was "adding" capacity from a 4+1 to make it 6+1.  Around $60-75. Also, the barrel is only 24".  I took an 18" barrel on the 930 "Home Security" version and added a 28" barrel with accu choke installed (modified choke).

The concern the OP might have with a JM-Pro is finding a NJ FFL that is willing to do those mods (at least the extension) for you, or trusts you enough to sell/transfer the gun to you without mods, on the promise that you'll make them (less likely, I think). 

Maybeba moss500 is. Better choice for me

Or get a regular 930 and doll it up like Arnold's

It just depends on what you want.  500=Pump, 930=Semi Auto (and a few more NJ Restrictions like 6+1 and no pistol grip). 

Take a look on "gunbroker.com" for the "Mossberg 930 Home Security" model in 4+1.  That's what I bought. Add another $180 for the accu choke 28" barrel and another $70 or so for the Nordic +2 extension kit (and another $30.00 or so for the CG&G speed bolt handle) and your just about right at MSRP for a JM-Pro anyway.  The barrel clamp is optional, but I like it. Also get the Nordic follower.

What is accu choke

It's a choke system by Mossberg  -

Mossberg Choke Page

Look at the barrels on this page. 

Mossberg Barrel Replacements

The one I got is # 93021  - 28" accu choke barrel,  with modified choke pre-installed, matt finish.

Accu-choke is what Mossberg calls their removable choke system.  It's just a fancy name - the chokes are the same as the ones used in Benellis.

You may not have to go with the home security model - I see Buds Gun Shop and KYGunCo have the field and combo models available... They're around $500 (not including NICS + FFL fees)

I got a M930SPX in early Feb 2010... I was one of if not the first person on the forum here to have one . I got lucky , the story has been told a million times on here, but I was lucky to get it and I was very happy of course.

It is probably my most indispensable firearm, I have never and I mean NEVER had a single problem with it.  Even with the magazine extension having been changed to a +1 rather than a +3, it has never malfunctioned once.  100% reliability.  After putting the LimbSaver on it , it became literally "a blast" to shoot, extremely easy to go to the range, load up a box of 15 , say Winchester SuperX 00 Buck 15-pks from Walmart, get the party started, then go through a 100-round Federal bulk pack for quick fun, and it eats them up like chicken chow mein.

I just bought my second Benelli Supernova, sold the first one and bought another one today when I saw an amazing deal.  They're great guns, can't say a word about Benelli bad.

The M930SPX was quite literally *the hottest firearm on the market* in late 09 and early 2010.  I remember *all of GlockTalk* was going NUTS for them, everyone wanted them, no one had them, people who got them were showing them off like  they leased a new Corvette.  When a manager at a Dick's Sporting Goods in PA offered me one, it was like hitting the lottery- the place was packed cause it was Super Bowl Sunday (morning) and people were all over, maybe 100 people + in the gun cage area.  People literally first tried yelling "HOW COME YOU WENT INTO THE BACK AND BROUGHT THAT OUT FOR ** HIM ** ???" (the manager simply replied , "Cause he looks like he would appreciate it the most") then people literally offered me money to give them the opportunity to purchase it, went from $20 to $200 and I KNEW, when someone offered $200 to let them buy it, I was making the right decision buying it my own self.

To this day, My Mossberg 930 SPX is what I use to defend me and my family.  it usually does not leave my room, I bought an 870 for having fun or going to SHTF combat outside with, because if the time ever comes where I need to defend me and mine - the M930SPX is what I want in my hands if I'm making a last stand.  I can't think of a better way to say how much I like it.

I got a M930SPX in early Feb 2010... I was one of if not the first person on the forum here to have one . I got lucky , the story has been told a million times on here, but I was lucky to get it and I was very happy of course.

It is probably my most indispensable firearm, I have never and I mean NEVER had a single problem with it.  Even with the magazine extension having been changed to a +1 rather than a +3, it has never malfunctioned once.  100% reliability.  After putting the LimbSaver on it , it became literally "a blast" to shoot, extremely easy to go to the range, load up a box of 15 , say Winchester SuperX 00 Buck 15-pks from Walmart, get the party started, then go through a 100-round Federal bulk pack for quick fun, and it eats them up like chicken chow mein.

I just bought my second Benelli Supernova, sold the first one and bought another one today when I saw an amazing deal.  They're great guns, can't say a word about Benelli bad.

The M930SPX was quite literally *the hottest firearm on the market* in late 09 and early 2010.  I remember *all of GlockTalk* was going NUTS for them, everyone wanted them, no one had them, people who got them were showing them off like  they leased a new Corvette.  When a manager at a Dick's Sporting Goods in PA offered me one, it was like hitting the lottery- the place was packed cause it was Super Bowl Sunday (morning) and people were all over, maybe 100 people + in the gun cage area.  People literally first tried yelling "HOW COME YOU WENT INTO THE BACK AND BROUGHT THAT OUT FOR ** HIM ** ???" (the manager simply replied , "Cause he looks like he would appreciate it the most") then people literally offered me money to give them the opportunity to purchase it, went from $20 to $200 and I KNEW, when someone offered $200 to let them buy it, I was making the right decision buying it my own self.

To this day, My Mossberg 930 SPX is what I use to defend me and my family.  it usually does not leave my room, I bought an 870 for having fun or going to SHTF combat outside with, because if the time ever comes where I need to defend me and mine - the M930SPX is what I want in my hands if I'm making a last stand.  I can't think of a better way to say how much I like it.

I feel the same about my 930spx, love it never an issue and cycles everything. Almost sold it but came to my senses in time.

Jaws I am very happy but not at all surprised to hear that.  Many many M930SPX owners are absolutely sold on their shotguns and wouldn't replace it for anything.

For a long time I had an Aimpoint Micro on my SPX and it was amazing- simply the best.  I wound up using the Aimpoint on something else when I installed the rear fiber optic sight to match the front.

If you didn't know, you can get a set of (or a single) replacement sights for the LPA ghost ring sights .... They have Glock-style white dots, Tritium-vial night sights, or Fiber optic.  Since it has a Fiber-optic red front, I went with green fiber optic rear.  (The owner of the company who distributes them in the USA highly highly recommended AGAINST the night sights, told me i'd be wasting my money, useless in day, if I was going to do anything it would be the fiber optics etc.)

Jaws I am very happy but not at all surprised to hear that. Many many M930SPX owners are absolutely sold on their shotguns and wouldn't replace it for anything.

For a long time I had an Aimpoint Micro on my SPX and it was amazing- simply the best. I wound up using the Aimpoint on something else when I installed the rear fiber optic sight to match the front.

If you didn't know, you can get a set of (or a single) replacement sights for the LPA ghost ring sights .... They have Glock-style white dots, Tritium-vial night sights, or Fiber optic. Since it has a Fiber-optic red front, I went with green fiber optic rear. (The owner of the company who distributes them in the USA highly highly recommended AGAINST the night sights, told me i'd be wasting my money, useless in day, if I was going to do anything it would be the fiber optics etc.)

I did not know, interesting have to check that out.