Sign in to follow this  
david8613

low budget weapon light besides primary arms weapon light?

Any good low budget weapon lights besides primary arms weapon lights? Im not to keen on spending money on surefire lights, im sure there good but those prices on some are crazy! I hear very good things on primary arms weapon lights, just wondering if there is anything else I should look at?

Just keep in mind that the reason the quality lights are more money is because of things like the circuit protection. A lot of the cheap lights can't handle prolonged recoil. 500-1000rds may be too much for some of them. If you're using a weapon light, it must be for defense. The last thing you want is for your light to fail at the wrong moment.

Just keep in mind that the reason the quality lights are more money is because of things like the circuit protection. A lot of the cheap lights can't handle prolonged recoil. 500-1000rds may be too much for some of them. If you're using a weapon light, it must be for defense. The last thing you want is for your light to fail at the wrong moment.[/quote

Yeah I do understand you get what you pay for, 400.00 for light is a bit much... budget is around 100.00 or less.

I got the trl-3 from Streamlight and I have put a few hundred rounds through the G17 G3 without issues.  I also had it on my FNP9 and it was fine, stuck out about 3/4 of an inch. This one fits perfect on my G17 comes right the the end of the barrel.

That was about as cheap as I was willing to go.  I think it was $75 last year

In all seriousness, you spend $1800 on a Tavor and then want to "budget" other things like a weapon light? That doesn't make any sense. It kind of reminds me of the guys that spend 2 grand on an AR15 and then put a Truglo red dot on them with some POS mount.

I'd go TLR-1. It throws some serious light out there and is made by the runner up to Surefire, Streamlight. I have a bunch of TLR1s and they are awesome.

For example these surefires are they really worth 400.00 price tag? I dont think so, 100.00 my price range I dont think there is any wrong with that?

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/rifle-carbine-smg/scoutlightweaponlights.html

For example these surefires are they really worth 400.00 price tag? I dont think so, 100.00 my price range I dont think there is any wrong with that?

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/rifle-carbine-smg/scoutlightweaponlights.html

Are they worth it?  Yes.  Are they worth it for YOU? Maybe not.  No one said you have to buy the highest priced item.

Exactly...

Yes, but throwing a POS optic/flashlight/hand guard, etc...to save $50 on top of $1500 is asinine as well.   Surefire is a company well known an respected for putting out a quality product. Here's mine I got for <$100.  500 Lumen. 

IMG_20140129_225504894_zpsuv2tos8z.jpg

So a potentially life saving piece of your weapon carries a lower value? You bought a very expensive rifle and want to put a low cost alternative on it. In the end, you'll learn how buying 3-4 $50 lights, will eventually equal the expense of one higher quality light. Don't put regular gas in a Corvette, and don't use shitty accessories on a fighting rifle....unless you're hanging it over your fireplace or slinging it in front of a mirror.