Sign in to follow this  
david8613

low budget weapon light besides primary arms weapon light?

Tlr 1 or tlr1s they are both bright enough. been using the tlr 1 for around 3 or 4 years now. No problems and a great durable light. If it hangs past the muzzle it will get burn marks on the top but who cares if it works.

My TRL-3 hung passed the muzzle of my fnp and I just put some electric tape on the bezel and no cleaning problems just remove tape when bad and replace.

I have been seeing those inforce lights around looks nice and lite for a light!

Hey vlad is that your latest build? Looks good!

yup it is my SBR.. but it has changed a bit since then.. will post pics when it is finished.. waiting on a part... 

$40 LED lenser from Lowes has been on duty with me daily for 5 years..been wet, dropped, hot, cold etc etc..still runs like a champ..get a decent mount and voila weapon light under $100..no high price equip snob guilt. :)

I bought this one.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_356000-50584-TAD9V5W_0__?productId=3410368&Ntt=kobalt+flashlught&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dkobalt%2Bflashlught&facetInfo=

Its plenty bright (500 lumen) and lifetime warranty. Fits in 1" flashlight mount.

$40 LED lenser from Lowes has been on duty with me daily for 5 years..been wet, dropped, hot, cold etc etc..still runs like a champ..get a decent mount and voila weapon light under $100..no high price equip snob guilt. :)

The light i run was around 100... Is super light and very low profile.... If you want to save a few bucks... I get it.. But when you can get a purpose built weapon light for about the same what are you really saving...

The light i run was around 100... Is super light and very low profile.... If you want to save a few bucks... I get it.. But when you can get a purpose built weapon light for about the same what are you really saving...

because at the time $40 got me a light which was plenty bright for my task ....and not being a purpose built light meant I could dismount it and use it for other applications as needed..and quite simply I've knocked the living piss out of it again and again and it keeps coming back for more..and I can walk into Lowes and pick up another if needed..I count on it every day and havent been let down..the IWL is a great light no doubt..ive used my buddies plenty..I was just letting the OP know there are other options..

because at the time $40 got me a light which was plenty bright for my task ....and not being a purpose built light meant I could dismount it and use it for other applications as needed..and quite simply I've knocked the living piss out of it again and again and it keeps coming back for more..and I can walk into Lowes and pick up another if needed..I count on it every day and havent been let down..the IWL is a great light no doubt..ive used my buddies plenty..I was just letting the OP know there are other options..

No pissing match here... But a purpose built weapon light with quick detach mount can come off in seconds and used as a handheld light if needed...

I was never a fan of weapon lights pre inforce... If you look at all my builds prior to last year every one was done with a surefire G series light for the reasons you described... Cheap and effective... But then I got a hold of the inforce unit... The weight and ergonomics sold me...

Im liking the inforce light and small, perfect for the tavor. I know the inforces come in different models constant on etc etc. Which did you get and why?

Also anyone try those all in ones light/laser vertical fore grip? I was gonna put a gearhead tmf on my tavor but im thinking I want a set up I can switch from my tavor to my ar If I needed to.

Im liking the inforce light and small, perfect for the tavor. I know the inforces come in different models constant on etc etc. Which did you get and why?

Also anyone try those all in ones light/laser vertical fore grip? I was gonna put a gearhead tmf on my tavor but im thinking I want a set up I can switch from my tavor to my ar If I needed to.

I purchased the multimode one... I like having a constant on option...

Here is my .02 -

Any light is fine, as long as it's cool with recoil. Keep in mind some inexpensive lights are not good with prolonged recoil of 556 or 762x39 the circuit board and or springs will fail. I use mainly tlr-1 on my weapons, as they are designed around these uses. Surefire makes great stuff, and pretty much over engineers everything. I use the streamlight product, as I feel I can have a really good product, and more of them vs surefires great product.

The insite product also gets a lot of play for the same reason as the streamlight.

Just make sure the light you use can deal with weapon recoil over time.

Here is my .02 -

Any light is fine, as long as it's cool with recoil. Keep in mind some inexpensive lights are not good with prolonged recoil of 556 or 762x39 the circuit board and or springs will fail. I use mainly tlr-1 on my weapons, as they are designed around these uses. Surefire makes great stuff, and pretty much over engineers everything. I use the streamlight product, as I feel I can have a really good product, and more of them vs surefires great product.

The insite product also gets a lot of play for the same reason as the streamlight.

Just make sure the light you use can deal with weapon recoil over time.

I run an inforce on my Saiga 12... 

if 12 rounds of buckshot in semi auto from a drum  are not killing it.. I doubt anything will..