NJGunGeek1980

H&R Pardner 12GA Pump

Hey guys I am not really a shotgun guy but like all good firearms owners a 12GA is a must in the collection. I know the Remington 870 & Mossberg 500 are kind of staples like the Remington 700 is for bolt guns.

I have been doing some reading and found out about the H&R Pardner 12GA. Seems to be they are owned by the same company that owns Remington and this is like a clone as it accepts many of the same aftermarket parts (Stocks, etc) as the 870 anyone have any experience with this as its about half the price of the 870.. 

No direct experience with the prdner pump, but:

I own a 12ga H&R Ultra Slug Hunter that I bought used from a guy that hunted with it a LOT.
I took it to the range to sight it in. At 50 yards, off bags, it put 2 slugs through the bullseye. The first shot was so perfectly centered that I thought I was completely off the paper.
I then went out to 100 yards and hit about 1/2" off the bullseye to the right (probably user error/flinch), but perfect elevation.

It's also really solidly built.

Again, not the pump, but a great firearm nonetheless from that company.

And speaking of cheapo versions of already cheap shotguns, I also own a couple of Mav 88s. Both are excellent and eat whatever I feed them.

Unless you come across some bad reviews, I say go for it.

Hey I just want to say this, and I know some will say "Oh whatever" but I think a few will say "OHHH..." - Pardner Pump says H&R , and their parent company is New England Firearms, which parent company of THEM is indeed Freedom Group (Remington's present parent company).

BUT- The Pardner Pump is made in China.

Some might not care but I do.  My own father was thinking about one of these because the price was low and he was convinced it was all he needed.  I made sure he got a Saiga 12 and now a Benelli Supernova Tactical so I knew he would never find out how good or bad they were.

*** MOST PEOPLE LOVE THEIR PARDNER PUMPS ... and I also understand budgets.  I would buy a Mossberg Maverick 10 times out of 10 over the Padner (Basically a Remington 870 clone made by Norinco for the American public).

I own a pardner pump.  its great, i have no complaints at all.  i did change the stock for a while, but wound up putting everything back to stock form. 

never had an issue with it, and it always goes bang.  comes with a rail for the top if you want to get an optic or something.  Most 870 parts will go right on - except barrels.

but you can get those from H&R as they do have a barrel program.

its a solid shot-gun, and would recommend for anyone looking.

Hey guys I am not really a shotgun guy but like all good firearms owners a 12GA is a must in the collection. I know the Remington 870 & Mossberg 500 are kind of staples like the Remington 700 is for bolt guns.

I have been doing some reading and found out about the H&R Pardner 12GA. Seems to be they are owned by the same company that owns Remington and this is like a clone as it accepts many of the same aftermarket parts (Stocks, etc) as the 870 anyone have any experience with this as its about half the price of the 870.. 

Have one! Works great... So far no issues, only have about 500 shells through it and its only little over 2yrs old. More of a bedroom gun, then a go to the range and shoot for me. Got it for 180 at Dicks couldn't beat the price for a pump shot gun at the time.

this was my stock parnder pump + heat shield
mid way through the modifications
fully modified with the 870 Arch Angel stock and forearm. waiting on my ghost ring sights and my Side Saddle
I love it, it was such a cheap gun, I had it for years. i've shot it enough that most of the finish on the bolt has worn away!
only recently have I had a problem. I broke the ejector spring while breaking it down, Yes I did it, it was not a malfunction just user error.

I made a rookie mistake and wasn't paying attention ( i was catching up on episodes of justified while cleaning it, and my racked the slide all the way back and forward while putting it back together, the the ejector spring was in the way and I snapped it. gonna need to take it to a gunsmith to get the rivet cut and ejector spring replaced but besides that I love the weapon