DevsAdvocate

Question: looking to switch from the "evil" SERPA holster to something accepted in classes...

In my experience - actual use in training environments and real world daily carry (not just looking at/into it) - I am convinced it doesn't*. ;)

It is the current industry standard for tactical/duty use for LEO and Mil personal in the US.

*yes, I understand anything built by humans can and will fail. But with this holster the rate is statistically negligible especially when compared to that of the Serpa.

while I trust your judgement.. after I posted that I googled it and am already finding instances of failure.. 

http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-26561.html

not saying its shit.. not saying it isn't better than the serpa.. just saying it might not be ideal.. 

while I trust your judgement.. after I posted that I googled it and am already finding instances of failure.. 

http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-26561.html

not saying its shit.. not saying it isn't better than the serpa.. just saying it might not be ideal..

:facepalm:

Name a single piece of gear. Anything you want, I will find 10 videos and 15 "testimonials" of it failing. There are 100s of thousands of these holsters out there, maybe millions, you will see some failures. As I said above, anything made by man can fail. In this age of the internet everyone has a soapbox.

Also, consider the source of these reports. Are they reputable trainers, industry professionals, vetted real world users of this gear, or someone else. I looked at your post above - 2009 bulletin from Texas DPS Austin saying they had issues in training. Then a dozen posts after questioning it....

My opinion is based on first hand experience and observation and a little impromptu experimentation. Not internet hyperbole or ax grinding.