Sign in to follow this  
ogfarmer

FN 49 legal in NJ?

Just a heads up bro, I know there were some issues with firing pins which caused slam fires and detionations on FN49's. I don't have much knowledge on the subject but I remember reading about some of these issues in my years on surplus forums. So if you haven't done any research, I'd suggest doing so just to know what you are working with. I want to say some models have a one piece firing pin and others have a two piece. I can't remember which one was having issues but I'm sure if you look around, you will find info on it.

Fn 49 is good to go here ! The mag is ment to be loaded with a stripper clip . kinda like a SVT 40, Ljungman,  Hakim or rasheed . I will say I didnt know they cam in 308 (7.62x51)

My research shows it to be a fixed magazine also.  AWB does not apply then.

My research shows it to be a fixed magazine also.  AWB does not apply then.

AWB still applies, it is semi auto. It just means one of the three evil features I spotted is not an evil feature. I did nopt know that the .30-06 version differed from teh .308 version whcih I looked for a long while ago. 

AWB still applies, it is semi auto. It just means one of the three evil features I spotted is not an evil feature. I did nopt know that the .30-06 version differed from teh .308 version whcih I looked for a long while ago.

AWB does not apply as the FN49 does not have a detachable magazine. Same as a SKS with the fixed 10 rd magazine. You can have bayonet lugs, surpressors, folding stocks, pistol grips, etc with either.

If it was a fixed magazine with a capacity over 15 rds AWB would apply.

AWB does not apply as the FN49 does not have a detachable magazine. Same as a SKS with the fixed 10 rd magazine. You can have bayonet lugs, surpressors, folding stocks, pistol grips, etc with either.

If it was a fixed magazine with a capacity over 15 rds AWB would apply.

Not only that... it also has no pistol grip.

NO.....The detachable mag is the qualifier for it to be an "assault weapon", not one of the evil features. Without the detachable mag, anything goes - as long as it's: not over 15 round capacity, less than 26" in overall length, or has a barrel less than 16".