OchoBlue

Extending P2P

Strictly up to the Chief.

Some don't want to see you until your first 90 days are up

Others will renew it in the week before

Some won't do it at all.

A little bit of 'ask nicely' goes a long way here.

And usually no paperwork, though there have been stories of some Chiefs asking for a reason why they should renew it for you.

It depends on the town. Best bet is to call them and ask.

I've dropped mine off a few days before they expire. They usually call me in a few days to let me know that it has been extended.

FWIW the extension process was pretty painless. Dropped off the P2P off and had it back in hand the next week ! Now the question is what to use it on !

Nice man, my wife just got hers extended a few weeks ago. Now I have to find her a pistol she likes ....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW the extension process was pretty painless. Dropped off the P2P off and had it back in hand the next week ! Now the question is what to use it on !

Nice man, my wife just got hers extended a few weeks ago. Now I have to find her a pistol she likes ....

Cal me.........................!!!!!

Lol

On the spot if I go when my detective is there..... He Just needs to tell me when he'll be in. I got 2 that need extending.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Cal me.........................!!!!!

Lol

I am trying to talk her into the EAA 9mm, you have. I am kicking myself for not getting it. She did see a walther on instagram of all places that she likes.

I may have to extend one in Hackettstown, and the detective just said to give him a call and I can stop by to get it signed, no problem (we'll see if it's on the spot or a drop-off/pickup later - but even so they don't mind extending them).

To answer the original question - usually you would request an extension in the last week before

your permits expire. 

You would need to drop the existing permits off the the Admis. at the PD and I always suggest a 

short, to the point letter addressed to the chief requesting an extension.

In most cases, you get a call in a few days saying you're all good and to come pick them up.......

Clifton requires a short note on why you want the extension. Was told it should only be a few days, but it ended up taking 8, but I think it was because I put the request in during the transition to a new CLEO.

Jealous! I'd have a PPQ in the safe if that were the case!

Frankly speaking, I was shocked! The thing is that two weeks ago the very same lady was telling me how complicated the process was, how perfectly it should be timed ("come on that day... no and not a week earlier - that would be too early ... and not a week later - would be too late...") etc. etc.

I really don't have any reasonable explanation...