Tom-NJ2AS

Just submitted Utah and Florida

Both being submitted today. The countdown starts. Let's see who wins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted two weeks ago. :D

I also submitted AZ this past Friday.... It should be there by now.

I submitted all mine last July

AZ back in 15 days

FL back in 40 days

Utah Back in 38 day

The FL "recorded" line indicates mine was "received," but it's not yet on their website. They're claiming 8-12 weeks to get it back, at present.

I spoke to a human in UT. Since I sent  a "personal check," he said to "watch for when it clears my bank.  From then, figure 5-6 weeks thereafter."

AZ just received my papers today, I think, so I have no idea.   :dontknow:

Update: 03/25 -   FL cashed my check this morning. So FL is that far, at least.  :)

Need to get Texas for PA redundancy. 

deerpark,

Is there a way to get the Texas non-resident CHL without taking a trip down there?

Texas' website says they issue to non-residents, but it looks like you have to be in Texas to do the fingerprints and class.

I haven't seen anyone up north that offers a "Texas CHL" course. I'm also interested in regaining some PA redundancy.

What training is required for the AZ permit?  

I had to submit my NRA basic pistol, they require a 8hr training class

Something like that. I took a class (that included live fire) that covered the requirements for 4 different states (FL, VA, AZ, UT) - but it was, primarily, UT centric (lecture portion) and FL (live fire portion).

When I applied my FL non resident 2 years ago I got it back in under 3 weeks.

That was 2 years ago... :D  Most likely before Sandy Hook, I'd assume.

Today?  Fl says they're at least 8-12 weeks behind.  :(  Utah at least 6 weeks behind.

AZ is probably the best bet for the "1st return," but it won't include Fl. 

I go for my Fl trip in early May, so I may not see any of them before I go.  But when I go in October, I'll have 'em.

Why do people get the AZ permit?  Since AZ is a permitless state passed in July 2010. Anyone over 21 A permit only allows you to carry in Places off limits. But Utah and Florida already cover this state, so is there something I am missing.

Why do people get the AZ permit?  Since AZ is a permitless state passed in July 2010. Anyone over 21 A permit only allows you to carry in Places off limits. But Utah and Florida already cover this state, so is there something I am missing.

Cross Reciprocity. In the event reciprocity agreements change over time, such as when PA dumped Fl, etc. Hopefully, one would remained "covered" anywhere else they need to be.

Something like that. I took a class (that included live fire) that covered the requirements for 4 different states (FL, VA, AZ, UT) - but it was, primarily, UT centric (lecture portion) and FL (live fire portion).

HBEC- what class was this? Was it offered at heritage or GFH.

HBEC- what class was this? Was it offered at heritage or GFH.

Neither - it was a class offered by the Quinton Sportmen's Club - Multi State CCW Class

Not sure when it's scheduled next, but keep an eye on the above site.  The class was $195.00 for three states, with an extra $35.00 for AZ. It included the lecture, live fire, application (filling out only), photographs, and fingerprint cards (done by a professional fingerprint person (retired LEO)). It does *not* include the State fees for the apps ($100 for VA non Res, $51.00 for Utah, $112 for Florida Non Res and $60.00 for Arizona).

It's in the town of Quniton, just east of Salem, NJ.

deerpark,

Is there a way to get the Texas non-resident CHL without taking a trip down there?

Texas' website says they issue to non-residents, but it looks like you have to be in Texas to do the fingerprints and class.

I haven't seen anyone up north that offers a "Texas CHL" course. I'm also interested in regaining some PA redundancy.

Hey Grumpy, I'll keep you posted in regards to what I find out. 

They allow non-residents to apply online but theres ZERO follow-up.

Its nearly impossible to get through to someone via phone or email. 

Neither - it was a class offered by the Quinton Sportmen's Club - Multi State CCW Class

Not sure when it's scheduled next, but keep an eye on the above site.  The class was $195.00 for three states, with an extra $35.00 for AZ. It included the lecture, live fire, application (filling out only), photographs, and fingerprint cards (done by a professional fingerprint person (retired LEO)). It does *not* include the State fees for the apps ($100 for VA non Res, $51.00 for Utah, $112 for Florida Non Res and $60.00 for Arizona).

$200 for all 3, including live fire?  Damn good deal IMHO. 

That was 2 years ago... :D Most likely before Sandy Hook, I'd assume.

Today? Fl says they're at least 8-12 weeks behind. :( Utah at least 6 weeks behind.

AZ is probably the best bet for the "1st return," but it won't include Fl.

I go for my Fl trip in early May, so I may not see any of them before I go. But when I go in October, I'll have 'em.

It was before the Sandy Hook stuff.

Just took my utah class last week, and got confirmation my application arrived yesterday.

Let's see how long before they cash the check, and before the permit arrives.

I'm heading down south in 2 weeks and thank god I already have my FL, I rarely travel through PA, so utah isn't that important to me. But, it's always good to have more states!

I forgot to mention, the "application fill out" part also included any required "notarizing" of forms (the instructor's wife is a Notary Public). It also included a "certificate of course completion," which could be copied and stuffed into all the required apps.

I took the Utah class on January 25, got my permit yesterday. Just under 60 days.

60 days from when the check cashed?

Or 60 days from when you sent it?