Tom-NJ2AS

Just submitted Utah and Florida

I took a class on 01/09/14 and sent both packages (Utah and Florida) on 01/10.

Florida got the package on 01/13 (based on tracking), Utah - on 01/14

I haven't been really looking into check cashing and credit card charges, but on 02/19 my FL status changed to "Issued, will be delivered in 3-4 weeks". 

I wasn't at home in the beginning of March, but when I got back both of the licenses were waiting for me in my mailbox.

UT says "Date of issue: 02/21"

FL says "Date of issue: 02/19"

At least what can be observed is that they took pretty much the same time both to be processed.

I took a class on 01/09/14 and sent both packages (Utah and Florida) on 01/10.

Florida got the package on 01/13 (based on tracking), Utah - on 01/14

I haven't been really looking into check cashing and credit card charges, but on 02/19 my FL status changed to "Issued, will be delivered in 3-4 weeks". 

I wasn't at home in the beginning of March, but when I got back both of the licenses were waiting for me in my mailbox.

UT says "Date of issue: 02/21"

FL says "Date of issue: 02/19"

At least what can be observed is that they took pretty much the same time both to be processed.

My Florida status (on-line) is now "Received."  May take up to 90 days (legally) to process. They cashed their/my check 2 days ago.

Still waiting on a sign from Utah (i.e. cashed check).  Check not yet cashed as of this morning. I'm told by Utah 5-6 weeks from that point.

As for Arizona, they required a money order.  But oddly enough, the USPS has a "Money Order Tracker" so you can tell when someone cashes the money order.

So we'll see.  I doubt any of them will arrive in time before I depart for my next Florida trip, but I gather they'll be waiting when I return.

60 days from when the check cashed?

Or 60 days from when you sent it?

Took utah class 3/20, mailed on 3/21....

Recieved via USPS on 3/24 (tracking)

Checked cashed 3/31.......not bad!

Maybe they are getting through the backlog faster

Mailed my AZ on March 8th and I received it today.  

When I last checked with AZ on 04/15, I was told they were just getting to applications received on 02/19. I sent mine in on 03/19, so I guess a month later they'll get to it.

I'm probably not going to see any of them until I return home from my latest Florida trip. :(   Ah well.   There's always next time.

deerpark,

Is there a way to get the Texas non-resident CHL without taking a trip down there?

Texas' website says they issue to non-residents, but it looks like you have to be in Texas to do the fingerprints and class.

I haven't seen anyone up north that offers a "Texas CHL" course. I'm also interested in regaining some PA redundancy.

The training and finger print all have to be done in TX.. Renew can be done online.

I got mine on a planed 12 hour layover on a trip home from Vegas.

I know An instructor who can pickup at airport due private training, take u for prints, live fire at range and drop u back at airport to catch your connecting flight all in 12 hours.

PM me if interested. He charges about $200 for training/chauffeur for the day. Great guy... A real Texan ...

Took the Utah class on 2/22/14, mailed application on 2/26/14, posted to cc on 3/10/14 and got CCW permit on 4/11/14.

Mailed Florida on 3/4/14, check posted on 3/14/14 and received CCW permit on 4/24/14.

So the Utah or AZ class would be necessary for carry in PA. I already have a FLA non-res.

Which one will cover MD?

I don't think either covers MD.

MD is pretty anti 2a

The only CCW that covers MD is MD. They have become NJ-South. It doesn't even resemble the state that I called home for the first 18 years of my life. It totally went to Hell when they elected a Kennedy to the Lt. Governor's office a few terms ago.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I have a non-res FLA permit

1. Would the  Utah or AZ class allow  for carry in PA as a non-res?

PA has reciprocity with UT. AZ no longer good.

2. Which one will cover MD?

As already stated, MD doesn't have reciprocity, not very gun friendly.

And it looks like SC does not honor any non-res permits like FLA. 

SC and CO as well as some others don't except CCW from non-residents of states where they accept from residents.

And it looks like SC does not honor any non-res permits like FLA. 

SC and CO as well as some others don't except CCW from non-residents of states where they accept from residents.

SC, technically, *will* accept non-resident CCW apps. The problem is, you must own some kind of property in SC to get one. It doesn't have to be your "primary domicile," but you have to own some property, and have the tax assessor of the county in which it's located fill out the form on this website and send it in. Click on the "Non Resident CWP form" link. 

The are unusable lots for sale in SC for as little as $500 and $25 year in property tax that would qualify u to get the none resident ccw in SC if you really just had to get it.

A few of use were considering a Multi member SC land buy for this person but the insurance and other concerns prevented it... If I was do do it myself my existing homeowners insurance covers vacant Land already so for a one time $500 cost and $25 a year it could be done... At one point we were spending several weeks per year in SC so I was seriously considering it.

The are unusable lots for sale in SC for as little as $500 and $25 year in property tax that would qualify u to get the none resident ccw in SC if you really just had to get it.

A few of use were considering a Multi member SC land buy for this person but the insurance and other concerns prevented it... If I was do do it myself my existing homeowners insurance covers vacant Land already so for a one time $500 cost and $25 a year it could be done... At one point we were spending several weeks per year in SC so I was seriously considering it.

I would be interestd in this if they had some reciprocity or if i visited SC often.  

I suppose if a person is driving up from FL, without a SC CCW, they could just secure the firearm in the rear while passing thru SC. 

I would be interestd in this if they had some reciprocity or if i visited SC often.  

I suppose if a person is driving up from FL, without a SC CCW, they could just secure the firearm in the rear while passing thru SC. 

Just did that drive down and back up in the last week.

locked gun and magazines in seperate suitcases through MD and SC.

Just did that drive down and back up in the last week.

locked gun and magazines in seperate suitcases through MD and SC.

you don't have to lock your gun up driving through SC. Its perfectly acceptable to just remove your holstered firearm from your person and put it in your console or glove box loaded. You just cant carry it on you.

On another note, I have heard of people renting a $400 yearly tent or RV site from a campground in SC. Then using that address to obtain the non resident. As long as you can provide a signed/notorized lease agreement they will issue the non resident. One other method of obtaining a SC CCW permit.

SC, technically, *will* accept non-resident CCW apps. The problem is, you must own some kind of property in SC to get one. It doesn't have to be your "primary domicile," but you have to own some property, and have the tax assessor of the county in which it's located fill out the form on this website and send it in. Click on the "Non Resident CWP form" link.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here. If you own land in SC, you can get a SC CCW. If you have a CCW from a state that has reciprocity with SC, but are not a resident of that state, SC will not recognize your CCW.

Don't know if owning land in SC changes that if you are still not a resident of the state that issued you your CCW.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here. If you own land in SC, you can get a SC CCW. If you have a CCW from a state that has reciprocity with SC, but are not a resident of that state, SC will not recognize your CCW.

Don't know if owning land in SC changes that if you are still not a resident of the state that issued you your CCW.

In that case, yes, overall, SC does not seem to honor permits from "non-residents" of other states.  I do see that they honor some other state's "resident" permits (FL and AZ being among them - UT *not* so...).

But to obtain an SC permit as a non-resident, one must own some property.

you don't have to lock your gun up driving through SC. Its perfectly acceptable to just remove your bolstered firearm from your person and put it in your console or glove box loaded. You just cant carry it on you.

thought i would be ok with it in the console but with the rate of speed i tend to run on I-95 i didn't want to take any chances.  :no:

thought i would be ok with it in the console but with the rate of speed i tend to run on I-95 i didn't want to take any chances. :no:

lol in 2010 I got a ticket for 97mph in a 70 in SC on I95. I had my shield in the window, family member gold card, and mini shield in my wallet. That trooper didn't care at all wrote me for exactly the speed he clocked me at and the guy in front of me. He pulled both of us over at the same time. That was almost a $400 ticket, add the other speeding ticket that was mailed to me from Baltimore a week after I was home for speeding through the tunnel and the fuel bill. I could have flown first class. I don't drive to Florida anymore. I'm actually down here now and I flew. Way easier to just check your gun in your luggage.

(...) the other speeding ticket that was mailed to me from Baltimore a week after I was home for speeding through the tunnel (...)

Slightly off topic - it's the first time I actually hear/read about someone receiving a speeding ticket by mail on the East coast (I heard about things like that in Cali, but not anywhere around here)... Do they do this in NJ/PA/NY as well?

I still remember my speeding ticket from Cote d'Azur region in France last year - 77 kmph in 70 suburban zone (!!!). Apparently their radar is set to 72 kmph threshold, so if you are doing 73, you've just lost EUR 45 :) I never heard about such a tolerance (or actually a lack of it) before so was quite confident doing "limit + 10-15%" pretty much everywhere...

I'm not sure if any other states or highways have that speeding system in place. That was the one and only time it ever happened to me, inside that tunnel between Baltimore and Washington DC.

Which, IIRC, was the place where Mr. Fillipidis had his issues... :dontknow: