So I am normally an AR15 kind of person but figured like all good firearms owners an AK in the safe is a must. I was looking at this and from what i can tell the only thing that would need to be done is to weld a break on to the front and pin the mags at 15 rounds. 

http://www.onlinegundeals.com/ItemDetails/741215842/CENTURY_INT_L_ROMANIAN_AK_47_SLANT_BREAK_AND_FULL_WOOD_STOCK_7_62X39_CAL_NEW.htm

To have an NJ legal "AK" type rifle you need the following:

Receiver cannot be marked AK

No Bayonet lug

No Flash Hider

Muzzle Break must be pined or welded

Non Adjustable (Folding) stock

NJ Complaint mags

Basicly the same as an AR except it's an AK

And to build on what jack said....PINNING a mag is NOT permanent...and to modify ak mags is easier than AR mags...metal ones anyways

Nick - Do you have an AG  or SP letter on this?  This has been kicked around a lot.

Where are my primers?

First your, free primers are at the shop.......Ive seen them......and they are not musket caps........as i said in my last post, if Joe sowed you musket caps, he has no idea what he is showing you.

I do NOT have an AG or SP letter on this...........everyone's mileage may vary on what they think or interpret as legal or not.

*MY* interpretation is that PINNING like a roll pin or pop rivet is NOT permanent.  Cutting a magazine or dimpling a metal mag, anything that forces you to destroy the mag to back to original capacity is permanent.

That being said...let's do this....  I'll pin some AR mags for you down from 20-15 and let's go to the local SP barracks with them as yours along with a cordless drill and a bit....let's see what happens once we drill the pin out in less than 30seconds...

:drinks:

So I guess we're diverting from this thread but Stoner and old C-Products mags are dimpled.  You can knock those dimples out in the same time as you can drill rivets.

Now Paul's mag are Really permanent.

I'll see Joe and as you know Nothing is or ever was free. 

Thanks for clarifying that you expressed your OPINION.

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly
therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

not sure how more straightforward you can get than that...

this wording tells us one thing and only one thing for sure..

and that is a factory sub 16 round mag is safe... because it has not bee blocked or modified... that part of the law is crystal clear.. 

what is less clear is what modifications are "OK"... it does not clearly tell us what is OK.. but what it does tell us is what is NOT OK... it tells us that temporarily blocking the mag is not good to go... but it does not say anything about cutting the body of the mag... so while most people may not be fans of this interpretation I am pretty sure what the law is telling us is this... if the finished mag in your hand has been blocked or pinned or anything like that.. no go... but if you cut the mag body, and the finished mag is now sub 16 is no longer a large cap mag, because it is not a large cap mag that has been temporarily modded... 

you can argue all day that you can glue it back together or something silly like that.. but a cut down mag body is drastically different than a pinned mag in the eyes of NJ... because they specifically spell out that pinning is NOT adequate..