Sign in to follow this  
Sota

shell pricing

hopefully this was a good deal...

Winchester TRGT127 Super Target 1-1/8 25Bx/10Cs 12 $78.66+$14.24sh= $92.90 delivered

that's less than what I'm paying for Estate Dove and Target Load (12ga, 2/75", 1oz, 7.5shot) over at Efingers ($9.99/25 +tx)

in Jan/Feb 2013 and into March a little, I was finding Federal Top Guns @ Dick's Sporting Goods in PA for $5.99/box.  They usually had a mixture of 7, 7 1/2, and 8 with a heavy concentration of 8.  Occasionally they had the pink shells, occasionally Red/White/Blue shells, sometimes just plain.  I got about 5-10 cases @ $5.99/box (this is outstanding price for one of the best "cheap shot" ammos for your guns.. $6*4= $24 per 100 or simpy $60 for the case/box.  ** AND THEN ** a few DSG employees were "honoring" the $5.99/box price on Remington Game Club boxes, we got about 6 cases of that (I think they "let" us take a case each , my father and I, 3 times) ... then I guess someone said, First off- the Remington is NOT $5.99 only the Federal- second off, we do not have *any more* $5.99 shells left, third off, you cannot keep buying cases at a time , 3 box max per person.

We probably put away 15-20 cases of both Federal and Remington 7 1/2 and mostly 8 shot away.  Unfortunately we blasted a bunch, because I myself had just got an 870 Tactical I spent a lot of time money and effort building up and my old man had his brand new Saiga 12.  So we enjoyed the fruits of the cheap shots and tried to save as much as we could for the future.

$60 a case is usually what I look for to buy, above it I'll pass but at $60 I will take a serious look.