RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! April 12th at Clinton WMA

Also... anyone bringing a 20ga or .410? I'd like to try 'em to see if I want one of either for myself and for newbies I've been trying to bring.

I'm bringing 2 Maverick 88s in 20ga, 26" and 20" w/ youth stock

I have a friend coming with a .410 he inherited from his dad...he's never fired any type of gun and asked if I'd help him out. Gladly, so he'll be joining us with his single shot, Bay State .410

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I have a friend coming with a .410 he inherited from his dad...he's never fired any type of gun and asked if I'd help him out. Gladly, so he'll be joining us with his single shot, Bay State .410

This signature is AWESOME!!!

What's up with your stuff?

So I got together with a friend of mine who I see a handful of times every year since he lives out of state. His parents house is on a farm and they own like 100 acres. He recently got into shooting so he said head on over and let's shoot. I don't shoot on private land often, maybe 2-3 times a year, but damn is it SO nice to not have to worry about ANYTHING, nonetheless some annoying RO over your shoulder.

Anyway, we shot just over a box of 135 clays and then this happened:

post-2200-0-75690000-1397013777_thumb.jpg

I had this gut feeling that as time has gone by, and lots of shells as well, something was going to end up happening to my baby. I was the one that took the final shot [which ended the shooting day, lame] and immediately felt something was wrong. As you can see in the picture, the recoil split the polymer forearm from where it is riveted to the action bars. Considering this was my first shotgun I bought back in 2009, and the fact that I estimate over 50,000 shells have been fired through it, I guess the recoil has slowly put wear and tear to this riveted area. I don't think it had any small cracks in it lately but I never checked it so who knows.

Don't ask why I wrote a book about this. I'm bored and felt like typing. 

Anyway, I will be contacting Mossberg for a replacement. Considering my strong love for Mossberg-only shotguns (pumps at least), and the fact that I have a bunch of other Mossberg's as well as my sweet-talking, I'm pretty sure I should get the parts. We'll see.

Tell me about it.

6 years ago I'd be out on the bike right now putting in base miles, working on burning off the winter fat stores, looking forward to my first century of the year.

Now, I'm just waiting for the school bus.

and now I'm up in the air.

if it rains enough on Friday there will be no soccer practice, so I'll be coming to the shoot.

if it DOESN'T rain (enough) then soccer is on and no shoot.

I love living life in limbo!!!

I ran over to use your deck for the pictures, I hope you didn't mind. There was a Long Trail 6 pack on the deck too…I don't think you'll find it there anymore. :-)

if that's a beer then you weren't at my place. I only drink hard liquor.... and sissy NJ grown wines. :)