RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! April 12th at Clinton WMA

I was unable to attend last minute because we had realtors coming to show our farm today last minute.

We missed you, man. And you missed my nephew's debut! :)   1st time shooting ever, and he bagged two "triples" and several doubles. He beat the snot out of me with my own 930! :blush:  :D

Thanks to Drez and all that helped make it a joyous experience for both me and my nephew.  He will be back, as will I, in June.

PBKid, glad I could see you off. Travel safe, and best of luck down there. We should go shooting as I travel through.

Yesterday's shoot created another convert. A friend of mine who just inherited a .410 from his father brought it out to the shoot so he could learn how to use it (never fired ANY gun before yesterday). RF spent a few minutes with him going over the rules and giving him a good explanation of how the gun works and the differences between his and others...he really appreciated that someone would take the time to provide that level of information and make sure he was comfortable with shooting. He insisted I take the first shot and then he tried it....you couldn't have wiped the grin off his face with a wire brush. Then he took a few shots with a 12 ga...bigger grin and something about "gotta get me one of those".

He had a great time and will be back...thanks to Drez and everyone else who made him feel welcome at a place that he would have been extremely uncomfortable with otherwise.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I've been running around all weekend guys. Sorry I haven't uploaded the pictures yet. I have to be up early for work so I will try to upload them tomorrow night sometime.

Regarding the shoot, thank you to everyone who showed up! Although every shootout is awesome, I think with the weather breaking and the absolutely beautiful day, this one stood out as one of the 'better' shootouts. Arnold's nephew was able to pick up shooting quickly for his first time and dusted many of clays. GlennP brought out his 1700's replica flintlock and we were throwing smoke and shot everywhere…man, that was fun! Magnawing's buddy obviously enjoyed himself and felt comfortable hanging out with us for the first time. It was definitely a great moment hearing him talk about how his dad who sadly passed away earlier this year would have been very happy seeing everyone oogling and having fun with his .410. A break barrel with a nice worn patina, it was a beaut!

Onto the next one!

Guys, just want to update to you: I'm in Islamabad now. It was very nice to see all of you back in March, and I'll definitely see you in a few years!

I still have one of your peanut candies in my coat pocket. I'll keep it there until you return safely. :)

When is the next event?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Watch for the next post from Drez (Recessed Filter) in "Events & Meetups."

I (and hopefully my nephew again) will see you all in June when I return from Fl.

Got it for $250 with a 24" slug barrel and Tru-Glo rifle sights. Picked it up from Heritage Guild in Easton. Also, check out Sarco (next door)...they have a pretty good selection of used SG.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.