Sign in to follow this  
tuktuk

MODEL 700 TARGET TACTICAL

Hello Gens.

So I purchased MODEL 700™ TARGET TACTICAL. I never owned modern target/sniper type of rifle before and I'm looking for ur opinion / advice on the setup. I'm looking to buy scope and bipod.

Budget is flexible. No reason to cut corners after spending this much on the rifle

Thank you !!!

I like the accupoint but the 5-20x50 runs out of adjustment to make 1000 yds apparently.

For just a little bit more, check out the SWFA SS line

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P51653.aspx

This is a great value and supposed to be a very big name mfgr in a SWFA package for huge value.

Bipod is easy. For 100 choose Harris. Most popular is the 6"-9" S-BRM ( Often written wrongly as the BRMS) .. I have it on my customized 700 and love it.

What kind of shooting will you be doing and at what distance? Punching paper for groups or shooting tactical matches for time? Makes a difference in what type of glass you need.

not planning to do matches any time soon , so

paper for groups pretty much .

The longest range we got in my area is cherry ridge which I believe 300 yards . however I would like to have an ability to reach beyond that .

not planning to do matches any time soon , so

paper for groups pretty much .

The longest range we got in my area is cherry ridge which I believe 300 yards . however I would like to have an ability to reach beyond that .

I would get a sightron S3 scope 6-24x with the MOA-2 reticle and exposed turrets. Scott at Liberty Optics has them for $869. He is a great guy to deal with. I think Sightron has some of the best glass out there. Only cleaner glass IMHO are the German brands which are going to cost you over $3000 for the scope alone.  Trust me, I have owned or own all of them.

http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d86.html

Dont forget the rings...I would get the Seekins rings. Nicely machined and will not leave ring marks.