7-3-2

How much did your build cost you?

more than $2k but less than $3k with micro t1 and mount.  the truth is i don't really know.  i did buy the lower right after sandy hook and paid a small fortune for it.  when i added everything up last time, it was weird, because i came out only slightly more expensive than if i ordered it from the factory.  and the factory rifle wouldn't have had a geissele trigger or ambi safety.  so really the only difference is i didn't have a spare safety or gi trigger.  

my second build so far has been 

$140 for stripped upper

$170 for lower

$130 for colt lower parts 

$70 for bad-cass

$180 for Geissele SSA

$150 for colt A2 stock and colt forged receiver and buffer and spring (all colt)

$180 for BCG

$45 for charging handle

$30 for grip

i figure i have left

$500 barrel

$270 rail

$200 iron sights

$240 scope mount

$1650 optic

Yep... if you end up putting good glass on top... that usually ends up being the most expensive part of the build.

I didn't feel too bad about my build until I bought the ACOG and added that to the total. Then, after a minor heart attack, I loaded it into the truck and spent almost 2 hours at RTSP with it. Sighted it all in, function check, and then just lots of fun slinging lead downrange. (And, to give them a huge thumbs up, they let me finish my second hour with no rush or hurry... even though it ended up being almost 20 minutes AFTER closing time.)

After range time... I didn't think about the money spent again. (Well... until this thread popped up.) :D