FishNHard

NJ legal belt feds ??????

So my wife and I are at the oaks show this weekend and we come across a table that has a semi auto RPD and a 1919A4 so I jokeing say to the guy man if I didn't live in  Jersey id buy one of those , they guy says as long as I cut the belts to my states law im good to go and I thought he was just yanking my chain , but then I was looking around on here and I seen a few guys do own them here in jersey IS THIS TRUE ????? 

John 

Yup...legal. A belt counts as a magazine. No more than 15 rounds linked together.

I often wonder how this works.... You cant have a magazene capable of being retrned to a 30rd mag, but you can have linked ammo that can be relinked?  NJ WHY U SO CRAZY!

I often wonder how this works.... You cant have a magazene capable of being retrned to a 30rd mag, but you can have linked ammo that can be relinked?  NJ WHY U SO CRAZY!

I do not personally believe having more than 15 links in your possession is legal in NJ.. as it is IMO a the same a disassembled large capacity box mag... 

I do not personally believe having more than 15 links in your possession is legal in NJ.. as it is IMO a the same a disassembled large capacity box mag... 

but see that simply raises more questions.  You can have multiple 15/30 pmags so I would assume you could have multiple 15 round links.  Again... stupid NJ lol

I have the opposite opinion of vladtepes. I do not feel that a link is a container according to the law, and one can string as many links as one wants.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

but see that simply raises more questions.  You can have multiple 15/30 pmags so I would assume you could have multiple 15 round links.  Again... stupid NJ lol

multiple 15 round box mags do not make a single large cap mag... 

multiple links make a single long belt that can hold way more than 15... 

con·tain·er

noun

1. 1.
    an object that can be used to hold or transport something.

the links hold individual bullets.. thus by the standard definition a single belt section is in fact a container?

Sold a 1919, checked with NJSP who confirmed belt links of no more than 15 rounds to maintain compliance.

I fully understand that in practice it is allowed.. but by the literal wording of the statements surrounding NJ law.... that is another story.. 

the reason given is they are not a continues device until linked together, unlike a 100 round drum is already complete

disassemble it.. now it feeds nothing.. are disassembled 30 round mags ok?

no.. it specificity says it is still a large cap mag unless permanently modded..  

Yes...belt feds are Nj legal...ask me how I know..... Neat thing is they are firearms...not rifles, which are meant to be fired from the shoulder, and certainly not a handgun...that's obvious....they still transfer like a rifle however.

I'll bite. How do you know?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Yes...belt feds are Nj legal...ask me how I know..... Neat thing is they are firearms...not rifles, which are meant to be fired from the shoulder, and certainly not a handgun...that's obvious....they still transfer like a rifle however.

Hu ? no shoulder stock !

my rpd yes and 1919 has a clamp on stock ,