sosa9999

East Brunswick Sportsman closed

I stopped by on several occasions and it always seemed that it was just a sideline and not really a viable undertaking...sparse inventory of marginal firearms and no real ammo or accessories to speak of.

You didn't need a crystal ball to foresee the future....

that sux , but he never did have any inventory to speak of. .. thought it was an auto-body shop with some FFL dealings on the side .. what does Jon know that we don't ? ... Bass Pro coming to Sayerville? 

Ewww no new big box stores!

Bummer. I made my first stop by the place on Saturday. He had a nice looking S&W 18 in the case. They seemed very willing to negotiate, but I am broke, so I left. Had I known they were going to close within 48 hours, I maybe woulda made an insultingly low offer.

I was in there about a year ago, when I walked in there was no one in site. I waited a few minutes then walked out, not suprised at all. I did notice that they were not a true gun shop, and more of some type of auto store.  I never spoke to anyone there, nor did i even see anyone there. Too bad since its the closest place I would do a transfere if needed. I was looking for ammo, but walked out after waiting a few moments.  

Can't really say I am all that sad to be honest.

I was there twice; once before they officially opened and was told that it was a side business for the garage, the second time a few months late, the single display case had nothing of note and they were asking $12.99 for a box of 20 PMC 5.56. 

They were listed as a Slip2000 dealer, so I asked my wife to stop in to pick up some cleaner and after she saying hi and asking "My husband is looking for this..." the guy behind the counter proceeded to hit on her and make her feel super unfomfortable.  Nice...

I wanted to use them to transfter an M&P Shield, went there with the paperwork to find the door closed and lights out 3 hours before they were supposed to close.  Oh well, took my business elsewere.

If you want to be around as a storefront you have to invest in inventory, if not, just work from your kitchen table.

At first I was super excited as they are within walking distance of my house.  I quickly lost my excitement and went back to the stores I went to before they were around.

Good things are coming your way my friend.

Jon....very cryptic but in passing, in the 4 years I've been a firearms owner I've seen some good things happening...2 high end ranges opened in North Jersey and doing well,two more indoor ranges opening in central Jersey,one with 16 25yd lanes planned, I believe at least 1 more in south Jersey with perhaps another in the works?

Now as to your elusive posts......EB finally opening the police range to residents?

That's too bad. We recently shipped them a lower to transfer too.

Yeah those were mine haha, I worked with Henry at a previous job so I was surprised when it closed the week after, but I have also heard rumblings that this may be for the better as well, we will just have to wait and see.