Taipan

Recommendations for Home Carry

I also can't see why one would want a pocket gun to carry in the house. Concealment is not an issue. You could carry a pair of SAAs in quick draw holsters at home if you want.

Realistically, a Glock 19 would serve your need and many more.

Don't carry around the house.   Just stash a handgun within every 20 feet throughout your home.

That way you have an excuse to own more guns... :gaming:

This..  is what im working toward..  right now, 4 room own a gun of some kind..  there will be more.. 

note - I dont have children and will not have them, so no worry on that account.. 

I like pocket carry for CCW and home carry for the simple reason that the gun is always with you, and unobtrusive. Go to a different room in your home (even use the toilet!) and the gun is right there in your pocket. Of course a change in tactics is required when showering or in bed; but pocket carry at all other times has a lot going for it. Pocket carry a light weight J frame revolver in 38 Special and you're good to go! Carry a speed strip with extra ammo if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for all the responses.     I like the idea of a hidden weapon in each room, but my budget wouldn't accommodate that.      I already have a Glock 19, but want something smaller/lighter to carry.   I also have a J frame S&W 38 Special, so maybe that is the way to go.   Only holds 5 rounds though and it's something of an antique.... built in late '60s and never fired.     Anyway, P2P coming soon, as is my birthday, so I can justify the purchase.     I'll have some fun researching the recommendations, then buy myself a present.     

I say Glock 26.  I have a 19 and a 26 and even though I'm in my own house, I still prefer the smaller 26 in an IWB holster (Galco King Tuck).  That holster will hold either one but the 26 just feels less noticeable.  Of course I'm a pretty skinny dude, so that may be part of the problem.  If that's still too big, then I say a S&W M&P Shield or something like a Sig 238.  I had one of those for a while and when I wore it I had no idea it was there.   However, it just seemed a bit too small... even for my small hands.  I would stick with a subcompact 9mm.

Your in your house. Open carry the Glock 19. No need for IWB carry. Use the permit for something you always "wanted".

ar15... with a sling so its easy to carry around.. 

awesome options

Do you have kids in the house or somone in the family who dislikes open carry?  it seems that you feel it must be absolutely hidden at all times. Any particular reason for pocket carry and not ccw or open in your own home?

awesome options

Do you have kids in the house or somone in the family who dislikes open carry?  it seems that you feel it must be absolutely hidden at all times. Any particular reason for pocket carry and not ccw or open in your own home?

i think a part of why people dont like open carry is if you walk outside to get the paper or something and a neighbor whos anti sees you and the gun, they will likely call the cops on you. And at that point their coming ready. Or if they see it they can even say he threatened me with a gun, it was black with a silver top. or all silver revolver. Cops come see you have the described gun and bingo.

I don't think he said he was opposed to open carry, just that he wanted something that was less obtrusive to carry around than a Glock 19. I do think the advantage of an IWB holster is that if he answers the doorbell he doesn't alarm someone at the door with the presence of a gun. I think a subcompact or single stack 9mm with a single clip holster fits OPs needs perfectly. Relatively light and easy to take on/off.

Around the house I carry my G19 in an Uncle Mikes #15 IWB holster(soft and thin).

If I need to answer the door or if family that might be uncomfortable comes around, I throw on a vest that is always handy.

The holster is not conducive to re-holstering quickly, but my gun is always handy and if needed doesn't have to go back quickly. 

I am lucky that my only close neighbor is not an anti, so no problems working in the yard..

The children thing is absolutely correct Mark.  But as they reach the age of reason (different for all kids, and they must be properly trained)

the kids have a God Given Right to protect themselves as well.

Now I'm sure this will be controversial.

NO controversy here Frank!  I taught my son (our one and only) how to use his single-shot bolt .22 youth model when he was 4 yrs. old.  Took the "mystery" out of firearms by having cleaning and handling sessions and plannin' range trips together.  By the age of 9 it was stored under HIS bed in a soft case.  He knew where to find several others, if the need arose.  And he was trained on everything we had, including the 4" K-Frame Model 19 on duty as I type this.  NO WAY was I going to leave him home by himself defenseless.  If God forbid a break-in did occur and he was harmed, I'd never be able to forgive myself!  

As for CCW in and around the house, I use my Colt Officer's .45 in Condition #1.  7 in the mag and 1 in the tube, so that's enough to do as Col. Jeff Cooper suggested by "fighting to get TO the Long Gun"!

Don't carry around the house.   Just stash a handgun within every 20 feet throughout your home.

That way you have an excuse to own more guns... :gaming:

This +1000

There's no concealed carry in NJ. So why waste time, and money on a pocket gun?

Only carrying in the house (no idea why you would, sounds paranoid to me, but anyway) ?

Buy the gun you like best. 

1911, Glock, freakin' Desert Eagle.

Doesn't matter since you can carry whatever inside your home.

You had the CW which is a little bigger then the CM i think right?  I couldnt hit SHIT with the CM and couldnt get used to the sites at all... Im too familiar with 3 dot....  Also it was just soooo small and thin that I had a tough time shooting it and keeping a decent grip, even with a pinkey extension.  I also have small hands..  If this guy is carrying around the house , ireally dont think he NEEDs a true pocket gun.

Yes the CW is a lil bigger at 7+1 vs 6+1.  The CW is also easier to handle/control since it has a larger/extended grip area.