Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

SKS Bayonet

I was in my local gun shop today and the guy behind the counter said that depending on the model and country of origin SKS's with bayonets are illegal. Dose anyone know if this is correct and  if so how to tell which are legal and which aren't. I was thinking about picking one up but don't want to get caught up in any B.S.

SKS with detachable magazines are illegal by themselves in NJ with or without bayonet.

There is only one issue in the NJ AWB that applies to any semi auto rifle with a fixed mag. Can't have more than a 15 rd capacity. Any semi auto rifle with a fixed magazine less than 15 rds can have all the evil features (bayonet stud. flash surpressor, folding stock, et al) including a SKS.

There are some Chinese versions that are illegal with the bayonet depending on date of import.

That stems from when Norinco submitted a SKS to ATF for approval without a bayonet. ATF ok'd it and Norinco imported these SKSs with a bayonet. ATF noticed this eventually and stopped the importation of these Chinese SKS with a bayonet. They didn't round up those that had already been sold. They are still out there being bought and sold. Importation of rifles from China was stopped over 20 years ago.

If this bothers you just don't buy a Chinese SKS with a bayonet. It doesn't bother most buyers.

If you are talking about the sks that's at efingers then they are clueless . I looked at that one and they told me I could buy it and the bayo seperate for $15 but they couldn't sell the bayo with the rifle.

The rifle at efingers is a old 56 type not a newer norinco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Any SKS in it's original form (that is with the attached 10rd magwell) is legal in NJ

including those with a Bayonet, folding stock, ect.

The Assault Weapons Ban in NJ  only sites the SKS with a Detachable mag.

or any Semi-Auto Rifle that has a detachable mag + Evil feature(s)

So to answer your question - an  SKS wit ha bayonet is 100% legal in NY

as long as it doesn't have a detachable mag.

Hope this helps..................