JayWilling

New NJ gun bills stalled?

I was at a meeting of my local shooting club last night and one of the guys who is always into the politics said that he was told that the A2006 and 933(?) were sent to the Senate committee, but were STALLED, unofficially tabled. The reasons he said he was told were that there's a huge budget situation they need to deal with so the gun stuff was pushed to the back burner, and also there had been such a large amount of negative mail and calls that the Dems are reconsidering.

I don't know how good his information is, but if it's true I was hoping someone else could confirm it.

Fckn awesome!! But I say let's not let up. It'll just lead to more "back room" style Jersey legislation. Let's stay on top of this and push to vote in more "constitutional" friendly politicians in November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they are not listening to YOU!  Never did, never will.

I would love to know the real reason this is being tabled.  The excuse given is lame, at best.  Steamrolling through the Assembly only to hit a brick wall at the Senate door?  Something stinks here like the Meadowlands. 

Heard many theories over the last two weeks, some plausible, some just insane.  Officially supposed to be back on the calendar in June, rumor has it DOA.  Time will tell.  Still, I would love to know the real reason, and from whom.

I was at a meeting of my local shooting club last night and one of the guys who is always into the politics said that he was told that the A2006 and 933(?) were sent to the Senate committee, but were STALLED, unofficially tabled. The reasons he said he was told were that there's a huge budget situation they need to deal with so the gun stuff was pushed to the back burner, and also there had been such a large amount of negative mail and calls that the Dems are reconsidering.

I don't know how good his information is, but if it's true I was hoping someone else could confirm it.

I highly doubt that!

As posted by others, there is something else at the root of the report - the Dems are not going to reconsider

on the basis of any number of calls - that would mean they listen; and we all know - they don't!

jmo

They are probably going to amend the bill to "address our concerns."

Some of the rumors I've heard:

1. They will grandfather existing magazines.

2. They will amend to exclude tube fed .22LR (already amended I believe)

3. They will provide a "magazine exchange" to placate an obviously pissed off Anthony Colandro. 

4. They'll open a compliance window so people don't become overnight felons. 

Of course they may do none of thls.

I think what would be sensible is if they would amend it to only apply during the commission of a crime, as an add-on charge. That would be a compromise I would accept. 

I used to think that would be acceptable. But if you allow additional crimes to always be tagged to gun owners, you will continue to vilify gun owners, take the focus off the crime and place it on the tool used to perpetrate it. There should be no difference in punishment if I kill someone with a hammer, axe or pistol. Murder is the problem, not what was used to do it.

^^#3!  Follow the Money!  Greenwald promised a magazine exchange (during his testimony) that will cost MILLIONS that we don't have!  Unless of course they try and raise the Gasoline Tax to pay for everything they want to throw money at, lol!

I'm not as ready to "compromise" as you are, since I've been around a lot longer and remember having to deal with M-1 Carbines and 30 round mags, et al.  I'm tired of their CRAP and I'm NOT going to take any more of it!  My idea of compromise is a for-real statewide CCW by us serfs with the same mags the Cops get to use!  

Stay ever vigilant--these A-Holes will try anything to get their way!

Dave

That asshat Sweeney opened his mouth and went on the record that there would be a magazine exchange. Fair market value for all the magazines and tubular fed rifles? I won't take a guess at the price, but I bet it's high.

That asshat Sweeney opened his mouth and went on the record that there would be a magazine exchange. Fair market value for all the magazines and tubular fed rifles? I won't take a guess at the price, but I bet it's high.

there is no money for that

No, they are not listening to YOU!  Never did, never will.

I would love to know the real reason this is being tabled.  The excuse given is lame, at best.  Steamrolling through the Assembly only to hit a brick wall at the Senate door?  Something stinks here like the Meadowlands. 

Heard many theories over the last two weeks, some plausible, some just insane.  Officially supposed to be back on the calendar in June, rumor has it DOA.  Time will tell.  Still, I would love to know the real reason, and from whom.

What are these other things you're hearing? Just out of curiosity.

I can't imagine that they would consider compensating us for magazines that they make illegal.  If they don't care about allowing us to defend our lives and our families, why would they give a rat's a** if we were out money on our suddenly illegal magazines?

ryan_j, on 04 Apr 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

They are probably going to amend the bill to "address our concerns."

Some of the rumors I've heard:

1. They will grandfather existing magazines.

2. They will amend to exclude tube fed .22LR (already amended I believe)

3. They will provide a "magazine exchange" to placate an obviously pissed off Anthony Colandro. 

4. They'll open a compliance window so people don't become overnight felons. 

Of course they may do none of thls.

I think what would be sensible is if they would amend it to only apply during the commission of a crime, as an add-on charge. That would be a compromise I would accept

That would be perfectly fine with me, as long as it is a REAL crime. Not getting "caught" at the local gas station on your way home from the range because you needed a bathroom! Don't forget, that is also a CRIME, we can not stop ANYWHERE according to their assinine rules!

^^#3!  Follow the Money!  Greenwald promised a magazine exchange (during his testimony) that will cost MILLIONS that we don't have!  Unless of course they try and raise the Gasoline Tax to pay for everything they want to throw money at, lol!

I'm not as ready to "compromise" as you are, since I've been around a lot longer and remember having to deal with M-1 Carbines and 30 round mags, et al.  I'm tired of their CRAP and I'm NOT going to take any more of it!  My idea of compromise is a for-real statewide CCW by us serfs with the same mags the Cops get to use!  

Stay ever vigilant--these A-Holes will try anything to get their way!

Dave

I'm with you Dave. Make me a felon with the stroke of a pen. Kiss my arse too.  I know many that won't bend-over for these asshats. Have some "felon" friends in NY right now because of their morons in office. Oh, CT also.............. But I won't name-names since we ALL know the antis are on EVERY gun forum there is! Watch what you say, THEY read it all and Google stores it forever!

Hi everyone. First time poster to the forum.

Of course putting the mag limit bill on the back burner to focus on other pressing issues is pure BS. Maybe the motive is face-saving.

They'll never admit that the polls, phone calls, emails, etc. had any influence on the decision.

I'd like to think we made an impact here. Keep up the pressure.

Maybe I'm delusional but I'll double my efforts when/if it comes up for a vote.

Just keep up the pressure.  There are many of us that trash Sweeney every single day on Twitter.  Don't lay off until they say uncle.  Once they sense the pressure is off they will move forward.

Hi everyone. First time poster to the forum.

Of course putting the mag limit bill on the back burner to focus on other pressing issues is pure BS. Maybe the motive is face-saving.

They'll never admit that the polls, phone calls, emails, etc. had any influence on the decision.

I'd like to think we made an impact here. Keep up the pressure.

Maybe I'm delusional but I'll double my efforts when/if it comes up for a vote.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you are right!

I already said in another post week or so ago it's been scrapped. Came from a credible source.

Not to say it won't be back someday, but from what I understand, not any time soon.

We shall see...

Btw, Greenwald said that and was bitten in he arse for it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Just keep up the pressure.  There are many of us that trash Sweeney every single day on Twitter.  Don't lay off until they say uncle.  Once they sense the pressure is off they will move forward.

Unfortunately, that may mean constant pressure until we get the kind of representation we need in the legislature. :(  Even if the bills die in this session, they'll simply  be re-introduced in the next session... and the next... and the next... etc. etc.

:facepalm:

I'm not so foolish as to believe a bunch of democrats actually listened to the people, rather than their handlers.

I DO believe that the only purpose the Dems had with this 10-round-circus is to try to embarrass the current front-runner for the Republican ticket in 2016-Christie.  I don't think it was working; for several reasons.  Christie's message has been that he wants to work WITH the Dems, and this is the Dems pushing him away...not a position they want to be in.  Buying-back all those 15 round mags was a stupid statement - it will break the state....flushing much-needed cash on meaningless legislation.  And Christie already got to say at one of his town halls that "someone has to be the adult here"...quite a sound bite. 

I really wonder if Sweeney, Norcross, and Greenwald finally realized they were playing into the Republican hand...

That would be perfectly fine with me, as long as it is a REAL crime. Not getting "caught" at the local gas station on your way home from the range because you needed a bathroom! Don't forget, that is also a CRIME, we can not stop ANYWHERE according to their assinine rules!

Yep. I would be fine with that... punish the criminals, not the law abiding. 

I certainly don't buy the " we're too busy with the state's budget woes to infringe upon the law abiding citizen's 2A rights at the moment ".

What's a budget? The state can just keep spending ad infinitum, right? I thought that you were supposed to tax people into prosperity.

Remember, it's very simple anytime you email or talk to a Dem (and I hate to make the generalization along party lines); "why didn't anybody attempt to tackle the Fort Hood shooter while he was reloading his less-than-ten round magazine?"

I think I want a bumper sticker made up for that. It's sad the Texas thing occurred but it completely tears Greenwalds basis to shreds. It's mental health not magazines.