Sign in to follow this  
Sota

Freedom Munitions: Brass Credit Program

(values accurate as of the post's date.)

Has anyone ever done it?

Was it worth it?

I wonder since, the 12x12x6 USPS flat rate box is $15.45, with brass credit at $2.50/#, that means the first 6.18# of brass is just to cover shipping. How much can you get in the box?

at public ranges how do you collect your spent brass? Can you just tell the range officers you are taking your own brass and they let you pick it up? or do they sweep it by you?

i always feel a bit funny picking up the spent brass. 

I have done this twice. worked well both times. best to watch the video they have up about the credit program to know exactly how to ship it. You can pick up your own brass any range ive been to, just don't start jacking other peoples brass without politely asking. Last Saturday a gentleman saw me picking up brass at my station. He walked over to me and offered all of his 45 brass, even swept it into a pile and saved it while he was shooting. That being said I DO NOT condone or partake in hoarding every piece of brass in the range or taking brass from the range buckets. That's just shitty and low., I've seen people do it before.

What I do is nest the brass-put a 22 in a 9, put the 9 into a 40 then that into 45. Stack it like cordwood into the box and repeat untill you reach the 70lb limit.

j/k but I wonder what that would weigh out to...

That being said I DO NOT condone or partake in hoarding every piece of brass in the range or taking brass from the range buckets. That's just shitty and low., I've seen people do it before.

What's wrong with taking brass out of the bucket? It's in there because the shooter didn't want it and considered it garbage. I just collected 10lbs of brass from a bucket at EFGA. If it's in the garbage, or on the ground at an empty range, it's mine.