dobie

Magazine Loaders

Looking for a magazine loader for a Beretta 92FS I just picked up.

I saw the Butler Creek Lula Loader on Amazon which they claim  is a universal loader. It got over 3,800 5 star reviews and another 

400 4 star

Any one use this or any other loader?

Old school people might hate auto loaders and think they're a waste of time. Take those people away and 9 out of 10 of the remaining people are probably already using the lula loader. The last 1 person probably doesn't know about it and will get it once they realize how well it works.

There are two schools of thought about these loaders.  One is that they are super easy to use and some folks just love them.  This is how I feel. 

Others think that when the SHTF and you don't have your loader with you and you have to reload, you are better off having developed the ability to load a mag fast and by hand.  I also agree with this. 

Which is why I always have my reloader in my range bag or with my guns and I keep multiple mags loaded and ready at home.  I hope I never have to reload fast without it.

And this is exactly why mag limits suck for self defense.  We should not have to worry about reloading while defending ourselves.

I use this:

45A24AF6-5E64-430F-9BE4-4345DBAC3CB7_zps

I bought a pistol UpLula when they first came out. I had previously been to a class at Blackwater where we want through a lot of handgun rounds. My hands were so sore I couldn't hold my drink at dinner every night and I thought it would help. Since the day I bought it, I have never, ever used it - even in other classes where I have fired over a couple thousand rounds over just as many days. It was faster and easier to just stuff mags by hand - which when coupled with hand exercises made them strong enough where I have no problems loading mags. I have found it to be a completely unnecessary device.

So, I gave it away last year... to a little girl.... who also doesn't use it ;)

In all seriousness, barring a medical condition or age related issues, If your hands are quickly fatigued by jamming mags or are too weak to do it at all, you should probably work on that. Hand strength is important to shooting, especially handguns. Buying a tool because "it's hard" here is counter productive.

Instead, if you want to make loading mags easier, buy one of these:

http://www.captainsofcrushgrippers.com

If you are shooting matches they comes in handy as you have to reload your mags a bunch of times.  I never use mine if I am just at the range playing around. This is a tool and it makes your life easier if you have to load a bunch of mags so why not?

If you were putting a lot of screws in a deck wouldn't you want a nice battery operated drill to make it easier? The loader just makes it easier!

Ultimate clip loader will load 10 rounds in a Mark II clip in about 2 seconds. Well worth the money

Only if you have a Ruger and whats a clip? The uplula will load all 9mm and up pistol mags. The ultimate loader is a totally different animal.