Polak

Which 45 to get?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which 45 should I get?

• Glock 41 and have the slide milled for the RMR
    • FNX 45 Tactical

I'm looking to buy a new 45. I will be mounting the RMR on whichever one I get. I already use the 21sf as my carry piece.

The glock would cost me around $500 and the FN around $1000. I would have to spend some money to have the glock accept the RMR though.

Which should I get?

+1 on the fnx. Have one and love it. Just sold my fnp 45 tactical on here last week.

By the time ypu send the slide out you dont save more than a couple hundred bucks, and the fn comes with an extra mag, mounting plates for several red dots, trijicon night sights, and an awesome carry bag.

Maybe this will help...   :onthequiet:

Picked it up from these guys (great dudes to deal with!) and great price too when they actually get it back in stock - 

http://tradingplacepawn.com/fnx-45-tactical-black.html

(Mods pls delete link if inappropriate)

I also had them cerakote the slide and some other bits 'burnt bronze' before shipping it out.

Love it.

photo2_zps807fcf94.jpg

If only the Glock 1911 was real lol...

Right now I am also scheming on a .45 ... I just moved to FL, hopefully get my FL drivers license tomorrow ..and then as soon as I can save up the money  woohoo!

I am really really considering the Para Black Ops 14.45 ... 14 round, double stack 1911 with premium-combat level refinements and addons.  I am really liking it.

There is also a Sig P226 MK25 locally... I always wanted one but it's 9mm... not a problem but... I would prefer the new Mk25 Desert which the gent said he could order me.

Maybe this will help...   :onthequiet:

Picked it up from these guys (great dudes to deal with!) and great price too when they actually get it back in stock - 

http://tradingplacepawn.com/fnx-45-tactical-black.html

(Mods pls delete link if inappropriate)

I also had them cerakote the slide and some other bits 'burnt bronze' before shipping it out.

Love it.

photo2_zps807fcf94.jpg

How much was is to cerakote everything?

Whether the slide is ready to accept the RMR is secondary in my opinion. Which one fits your hand better? Both are blocky, but the FNP 45 (yes I know it is not an FNX) I've handled was much squarer in the corners and felt even more like a length of 2x3 in my hand than a Glock does. If neither of these feel good, try an XD or XDm. Still a double stack 45 but the grip size is more in line with a G17/22 than a G21/41. Also pay attention to the grip angle and see what works for you.

The lack of machining on the slide can be fixed with money. The size and shape of the grip, you're mostly stuck with.

ETA: Just noticed you say you have a 21SF already. Maybe ignore my suggestion on the  XD then.

Edited by Mr.Stu

Yea i think he pointed out that their 15 rd mags. I picked up a new fnx 45 tac. Last week, and I gotta say it's awesome. No regrets. Mounted a cheap red dot for now until I get the rmr for it. The grip angle was perfect to me. Shooting it compared to a glock 23 I feel much less recoil. Possible because its heavier. But first time taking it out super accurate and couldn't be happier. I would definitely spend the money and buy it again and would recommend it. The grip is not that large. I have small hands like I need to adjust my grip on a glock 23 to hit the mag release. But the fnx fits perfect no adjusting my grip. Any questions feel free to pm me.

I am waiting for my FNH FX45 FDE to arrive this week. 15 +1 rounds of ,45 and the gun is +P rated. I have seen pictures of a few non tactical ones with the scope mounted instead of the rear sights. Looks good and I will probably do the same, Mine will be for bowling pin matches and for when travelling in our National park that is filled with Bears. BB makes some hard cast heavy +P bullets that he swears will penetrate the skill or shoulder of a black bear should it attack you. Great gun but a beast at 7.5" long and a little over two pounds unloaded. Ami everything so you can shoot with either hand. 

Made up my mind. For under a $1000 shipped FNX45 Tactical it is.

I am waiting for my FNH FX45 FDE to arrive this week. 15 +1 rounds of ,45 and the gun is +P rated. I have seen pictures of a few non tactical ones with the scope mounted instead of the rear sights. Looks good and I will probably do the same, Mine will be for bowling pin matches and for when travelling in our National park that is filled with Bears. BB makes some hard cast heavy +P bullets that he swears will penetrate the skill or shoulder of a black bear should it attack you. Great gun but a beast at 7.5" long and a little over two pounds unloaded. Ami everything so you can shoot with either hand.

Both of you will be very happy ....enjoy!