Gus

Permanently Modify Magazines To Accept Less Rounds

PERMANENTLY MODIFY MAGAZINES TO ACCEPT LESS ROUNDS

Before we begin. I know the law is vague, and that the AG has thrown their 2 cents in. I have read a billion posts, on multiple forums, that discuss this issue. I have heard of gunsmiths, and FFL's doing this work.

What I have never been able to come across is someone that has actually done this, with pictures and an explanation of what they did, and why they feel this is permanent.

ANYONE out there care to share this information? Perhaps a gunsmith or an FFL? Or someone who personally owns a modified mag they feel complies with the law?

Please do not reply with:

1. I know a guy who once.............

2. I heard of a guy who.................

3. Move to a different state.

4. Any sort of political discussion.

5. Just buy new mags from................

Thanks for entertaining a question from the new guy.

As I have stated, I have searched many times. No one ever has anything useful to say. Its always: "Why don't you put a piece of wood in it?" Or, "Just epoxy it."

No one ever has anything specific or explanatory to say.

If you would have read my post, you would understand that I am asking for more specific posts from people experienced in this.

Let me be clear. The reason for my question is that I have my own ideas about how to "PERMANENTLY" modify a magazine, I have just never tried. I am going to sacrifice one of my legal 15 round mags, and reduce it to 10, just as an experiment to see if my idea works.

Before I do this, I would like some input from other people who have been successful, just to compare my thoughts to theirs.

I am just not confident my idea would work, and that someone else may have thought of something way easier than I have.

JT, I have been to your site. I see that you can pin stocks for NJ compliance. Can you do that for mags as well?

If so, what would this service cost out of curiosity.

I understand if you do not want to answer publicly. Please send a PM if that would be more acceptable.

I'm sorry I even asked, and its only been 30 minutes.

What's the issue here? The majority of us have never done this, I'd bet, whether its out of convenience of buying or the fact that its illegal to possess a > 15 round magazine (in NJ). I already went over why an ffl would be hesitant. Not to mention if I were to tell you how one may do it and I was wrong, I don't feel like having it around my neck.

I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios here. We've done this dance before here.

One vendor here uses some kind of mag block then pins the baseplate then epoxies over it. Is that permanent enough? Hell if I know, but its close enough for me.

Ok guys. Nevermind. Sorry I asked.

I am new to the forum, couldn't find the info I was looking for, and thought you guys would help.

I wasn't looking to hang anything on anyone, or sue you. I was just curious if anyone had anything to share that was a personal experience, and not some story they heard, or an idea they had but never attempted.

Didn't mean to make anyone sore about it.

If you could direct me to the post where the vendor made that modification, I would appreciate it.

Not new to internet forums. Just new to this one.

My opinion: If you specifically ask how someone would decrease a mag, so as to be compliant with the law, don't post that you could increase the capacity so that we can commit a felony.

I was polite until the ridiculous comments came in.

its also nice to break the ice by going to the introduction thread like I mentioned before and introducing yourself

people will be more willing to help if you used a little foreplay first instead of just going right to the full monty

Ok guys, then you have answered my question. No mag is permanently 15 rounds!

If I can not convince you guys that this is possible. Then there's no way I would convince a jury of non forearms enthusiasts that my idea was indeed permanent.

All the prosecutor would have to do is prove that SOMEONE could do it, regardless of effort or cost.

Apologies all around.

Thanks for entertaining my question.

I understood the reference to increasing the mag. My point was that my question centered on other people who HAVE done this, and WHY they feel it CAN be done.

The issue is obvious, no matter how many people feel this can be accomplished, there are always those who will find a way to undo those modifications.