mikka1

SIG P226 MK25 for $774 + free shipping @ firearmsforsale.com

Just thought it's worth reposting here - I have been looking at this gun for quite a long time - it has been on sale @ Sportsman Outdoor for $799 for a short period of time, but then prices went up and have been hanging around $900+.

Now it seems to be on sale for $774 - I have to admit (and the little graph with historical prices at slickguns just confirms it) that it has NEVER been offered at such a price before - the lowest so far was $791.

UPDATE: 05/13/2014 - It is $800 again after a price rise recently.

http://www.firearmsforsale.com/sig-sauer-inc/firearms/handguns/pistols/9mm-4.4in-15plus1-black-polymergrip-black/

I would say if you were looking for this gun, it might be a good time to order one...

That is a great price, my son just picked one up for several hundred more. I'll save this post to rub his face in next time he's being a dik about something lol ! Should have listened to the old man and wait, shop around....

This is an amazing deal. .. seriously I am wishing I could do this, as I just moved to FL and want(ed) to buy a gun immediately as a moving present.  But you'd be surprised how many other things you "need" when you move.  And that doesn't count $615 on new prescription Oakley eyeglasses, plus the need for contact lenses and eventually sunglasses as well lol.  So many things, so little money to spend on them all.

but i have ALWAYS wanted this exact bad mama jama and its an outstanding deal.

So as soon as I got here to Florida I contacted them and asked if I could put 50% down and pay the balance in 30 days or less and the guy said , No.  He emailed me saying how great for me it was to leave NJ, how much I will love freedom, but they don't do lawaway and refuse deposits.  BUT Not to fear, they have 250+ and shouldn't sell that much in a month.  BUT because I seemed like a nice guy, if I saw they were below 50 units left, he would put one away for me for another month but only when under 50 and only for one more month.

Next week will hopefully be when I order, and if you have been paying attention to some of my other posts you will know I am going back and forth between this MK25 9mm and a Springfield Loaded 1911... and when I checked inventory last night, despite having over 150 units left , they raised the price to 790+ ! 

I think that is weak weak weak...

(complete offtopic)

Scrap, not really thinking of getting you into credit burden, but if your credit score is good and if you are not planning any significantly important transactions anytime soon (like financing / refinancing the house, a car or similar large-ticket purchase) it might make sense to look into 0% APR offers from credit card companies.

I have to warn you that it is a slippery road for many and you need to clearly understand what you are doing, but if you have a good sense of self-control it might be worth taking this shot

For example, if you open a Barclays Arrival card, you will be getting a $400 of $3000 promotion for a new card if you spend $3000 in the first 3 months and more importantly you will most likely have 0% intro APR for at least 6 months or so. 

Many other banks have similar offers with those 0% (like Chase Freedom).

That's a nice game to play (called "card churning") if you can control your spending very well and you actually can save a little bit here and there and get what you want without a huge hassle of waiting, layovers etc.. (okay, I stop as I start to sound like credit card marketing rep and clearly I'm not, LOL).

Yeah I hear you and that is absolutely right and sound advice, but the slippery slope is indeed there and I just don't want to tempt myself.

Basically, firearms are my biggest hobby (Not my biggest *expense* or *time-spending activity*, those would be my four-legged-son blue heeler) and also I fancy myself a bit of a collector, a meager collector sure but still have to start somewhere.

I have or did decide some time ago I would not mess with credit on firearms for a reason that , while I don't mean to bash my self control, it's just that it's too easy (*** AND ESPECIALLY IN FLORIDA  now** ) to take advantage of Can't Say No offers.  NOW it's worse, the litany of emails I receive daily about incredible deals [often on handguns] are now able to be purchased in a jiffy, in NJ you have to go through the whole PPP process, now it's just, OH MY, GrabAGun is selling $299 Sig 1911 .22LRs, I want one!  But the next day I see the MK-25 offer, which is incredilbe, and I have to have that!  And let me add on the Springfield because it's zero-percent lol, so as you can see it easily adds up.

Some people are much much better than I (My father is a perfect example, one of the best credit users/money managers I have ever known, but I am not him). so I stick to cash, spendable cash, for all things booooom-related.

But I thank you, you are very right and others may very well use this very well to their advantage.

As far as legit, yup I also wondered about that and did a ton of Google searching, most reviews were absolutely satisfied and extremely happy with their purchase from them.

And as far as deal, I totally agree... beliw cost. In fact I asked specifically about that because I did wonder if it was a scam.,. And they told me it was because they bought 250 of them. ( quite an investment, 250*775=193,750 ... so they bought nearly 200k worth of these lol. ) in fact when I called a local gun shop here in my small town, I asked aboug transfers and he mentioned he'd try to beat a price for me, then subtly called BS because it was below cost. I tried to tell him to check it out for himself but I think he thinks I was wronv or lying. I guess we will find out next week )

That is A great deal! Especially with 3 mags included.   If I was in the market I'd jump on it.  

On A side note my SRT kit came in the mail today, Ijust installed it in my P226 and it feels like I have A new pistol witht that short reset.. What A difference

^ I am by no means attempting to explain something to you that you already know, but it basically *is* the P226 Navy.  

The P226 Navy was a replica of the P226 used by Naval Special Warefare Command (the SEALs and Special Warface Combatant-craft Crewmen) , and I believe Sig Sauer included a donation from each sale to a Naval Special Warfare family charity type deal (For families of Special Warfare sailors who fell in the line of duty or disabled etc.)

I think in 2011 sometime Sig Sauer decided to issue (or if you buy their advertising, "got permission to declassify and offer to the public" lol) the P226 MK25 , which *IS* the actual P226 variant as delivered to NSWC.  

As most I wanted to know exactly what the SEALs were getting over a standard P226, and I believe it is as follows:

"special" Nitron coated slide and phosphate-coated internal parts (To comply with the salt-water bath test required by NSWC test specs)

Night sights standard ("Siglite" which I have not used but I figured saves me $150 over Trijicons and installation by gunsmith)

Golden-colored Navy anchor on slide and UID label marker on opposite side of slide (Which are supposed to make it official lol)

and they are delivered w/ the 3 15-round mags which is a good deal.

I have long wanted this and for a long time assumed it would be my first purchase in a free state.  Now I am having a tough time going back and forth between this and a SA 1911 Loaded Stainless.  I have always wanted a .45, a 1911, a Springfield Armory specifically ,etc. and I can't go buying new guns each month etc.  BUT This Sig would make a lot more sense for me because I already shoot .40 and 9mm, so I have some, plus its a lot cheaper, it's higher capacity, and while neither are carry guns the P226 would be a lot easier for CCW which i hope to do sometime this summer (my class is on Sunday so I can transmit the application next week..then they say 90 days).

I believe you can always get a 1911..., but for the price of that MK25.... If it weren't for me just getting the Extreme, I'd jump on it. I have 1 more permit left. But funds are not avail for a couple months...... So jump on it Scrapster! :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Funny because not only this forum but another forum the posters are encouraging me , by enlarge, to go for the Sig as well.

What I really want 1911 wise is a TRP (and actually I think I'd go for the Armory-kote Black TRP over the Stainless but would take a stainless any day of the week) but I will never save up that much lol.  And when my CCW permit comes in (hopefully) by sometime in August if the 90 days is right, I'd like to buy a G27 Gen 4 FDE for primary CCW/EDC role.  But I can't spend all my money all the time on guns, even in Florida, and the Sig is attractive because despite it being a "full size duty pistol" it's not as quite "full sized" as a 1911.  

I am probably going to go for the Sig and hope to get a 1911 in a year or two, when we move into the house we haven't started building yet on my 30 acres.  The MK25 can be my moving to FL present, a TRP my moving-into-the-house-and-home present ... but I do have a deep-seated feeling I will wish I bought that Loaded Stainless in a week or two.  BUT whatever, I Do agree with everyone it's a once-in-a-lifetime price.

Thats seems to be the norm lately. Have to be ready to jump when theres A deal.

the last Sig x-change kit I bought was 279.00 shipped the next day it was up to 340.00 shipped.

Yes, Rockwell Arms. I also ordered one for $280, woke up the next day thinking about getting another one in .40... and realized that 9mm one was already ~$330 or so.

But still I would not be too upset. Those SIGs seem not to be rare now, so if one store (actually, not the biggest one) managed to sell them for 775, at some point others will follow. Just wait and turn on your radar :)

On a side note, I am still waiting for CZ 75 Compact with Safety

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/?keys=91190&op=

At some point (when I was looking for SP-01) there was a plenty of them everywhere, but I didn't need it. Now they are OOS everywhere. Sometimes decocker model (91194) appears here and there, but is also in a very scarce supply... That one I will definitely jump on a minute I see it in stock for less than $500 :))

WELL I ORDERED IT WOOHOO!  :triniti:     :kingxmas:  :gaming:  :codemafia:  :maninlove:

I had/have been in contact with FirearmsForSale since about the day this was posted, because to be honest I have always wanted one of these... I wanted the Navy version for some time and when the MK-25 was announced I loved it at first sight.  

To be honest I did have a lot of interest in the Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Stainless.  But several things happened.  I *really* wanted (want) a TRP, I actually prefer the Black Armory-Kote TRP but also love the Stainless... and I just can't afford it and can't wait long enough to save.  so I sort of went to the Stainless version as next best thing but I admit I would probably love it then hate it for not being what I really wanted.

And also, I will admit, people on forums all steered me to the Sig... on another two forums most people seemed to say this was the way to go and while a few ppl loved and recc'od their Loadeds most people seemed to thing this was just too good of a gun to pass up.

Well hopefully it is going to Ship tomorrow and we'll go from there... as Bart Scott was famous for saying, "Can't Wait!!"

Well I got my MK-25 today... and I have to say I am very happy and very excited.  It is awesome... feels so solid but also smooth.  I am a Glock guy and while I love my Glocks and wouldn't give them up and will carry a Glock often, and they may be the most *reliable* gun and therefore an ideal combat pistol, the Sig Sauer smoothness and refinement really shines through.

I am making a thread on the Handgun forum for more info and pics but I wanted to make a final post here saying both it came, and I am psyched, and that I am very thankful to all who helped and recommended it and especially to Mikka for making this thread, I may not have even ever saw the deal on this and therefore not bought it if not for him... THANKS!

Scrap, glad this thread helped :)

I've also been struggling with making a choice between MK25 and "normal" version and finally decided on .22 classic and 9mm X-Change kit a week ago. With or without an anchor, it is still a great gun, congratulations. 

Hopefully I'll move geographically closer to you one day (well, everyone should have a dream, LOL)...

^ Brother it took my 33 years and a ton of misfortune in my life before I realized I really had absolutely no reason to stay in New Jersey.  Now the flip-side of that coin is, maybe I would be happier IN New Jersey with a bunch of things that would be making me want to be there... Well maybe... what if this what if that what if a frog had wings, he wouldnt bump his ass.  So when I finally left I just jumped, said Forget it I'm out!  And as of the last 45 or so days, haven't looked back.

And I will say I can remember reading posts on this very forum from people who had just moved, back in like 2010, and I am thinking to myself, would you just STFU and GTFOutta here, this is  the njgunforum.com, go post on the (Insert State) place!  But I honestly think it helps, when people see the things they can have in the rest of the United States it might just make them realize how bad NJ treats us, and when enough people finally get out and it hits them where it really counts, their wallet and revenues, the people in charge might start realizing it's not their personal political fiefdoms.

I digress I digress, thank you for the thread again and when you get down here first round of ammo's on me brother.