My Squirt PS4, a gift under the tree, had the file break the first time I used it.  I contacted Leatherman, and Leatherman provided top-notch customer service and replaced it promptly.   Pleased and would not hesitate to recommend. 

But leatherman makes an AR-15 specific tool, the MUT. How can they be anti-gun and, at the same time, make accessories for the most derided gun platform in "anti" history?

The same way Stallone and his ilk can make millions on violent films featuring every type of weapon and fire fight and then condemn guns and legal gun owners...... It's all about the money.

Fair enough. Although the very notion of acting is to pretend to be something you're not so its easy to write off the irony of hollywood. On the other hand, manufacturing something yourself means you have actual skin in the game so other than the profiteers like CheaperThanDirt, its a bit unusual and contradictory.

Well, I won't buy anything else from Leatherman if that is true.  Thanks for the heads up.

I do not believe Leatherman is anti-gun rights. All this hubub seems to stem from a 2004 announcement from Tim Leatherman that he supports Kerry for president. There was nothing anti-gun in the letter, more granola bar then anything else. Copy here : http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1231976/posts.

Here is a letter from Tim Leatherman making a comment on all of the hate mail that he receieved back then. Should clear things up. http://thebullspeaks.com/2004/11/a-letter-from-a-citizen-mr-leatherman/

So unless someone has some evidence that Leatherman as a company promotes and supports anti-2A movements and organizations, I am of the disposition that they are niether pro or against, and have chosen to take the 5th on the matter... publicly speaking that is.

I like Leatherman products.  I have one of the original ones from when they came out.  But, regardless, Mr. Leatherman's personal political views should not be known to me.  However, since they are and I know that he is putting his money in the other camp...  It would be only common sense for me to look at alternative products, now, that were put out by more conservative companies.  But, how far can you go with this thought?   Dick's is the only game in town.  You've got Geico and Progressive auto insurances.  You have got that clown that sings 'Born in the USA', and you've got the man behind Windows operating systems...  You've got GE, NBC and the list goes on and progressively on.  The key is to identify who is SUPPORTING our cause (the good fight), and once done, to stand by those enterprises and let them know why we support them.  

That being said, what is the BEST alternative to the Leatherman Wave that is also made right here in the good ole US of A?  I may get my Wave tool, but there is no reason not to politely write Mr. Leatherman and let him know how you feel about his politics, especially if you are a customer. 

I like Leatherman products.  I have one of the original ones from when they came out.  But, regardless, Mr. Leatherman's personal political views should not be known to me.  However, since they are and I know that he is putting his money in the other camp...  It would be only common sense for me to look at alternative products, now, that were put out by more conservative companies.  But, how far can you go with this thought?   Dick's is the only game in town.  You've got Geico and Progressive auto insurances.  You have got that clown that sings 'Born in the USA', and you've got the man behind Windows operating systems...  You've got GE, NBC and the list goes on and progressively on.  The key is to identify who is SUPPORTING our cause (the good fight), and once done, to stand by those enterprises and let them know why we support them.  

That being said, what is the BEST alternative to the Leatherman Wave that is also made right here in the good ole US of A?  I may get my Wave tool, but there is no reason not to politely write Mr. Leatherman and let him know how you feel about his politics, especially if you are a customer.

Multitasker Series 3. Hands down the best AR multitool currently available.