Sign in to follow this  
jvheitz

CJ USPSA 4/13

... And my usual noob question again - what is the usual round count on stages there @ CJ USPSA matches? Will I suffer with only 4 mags for my Glock 19 in production or should I immediately buy 1... 2... 3 more mags & pouches?

You wont see more then 32 rounds per stage, so you should be fine with 4 mags ( 40 rounds ) -- Though, be aware though - if you encounter some stubborn steel targets , or have trouble on a texas star or something, with alot of misses - you may run dry.

Typically, there are 5 stages plus a classifier. 

Vlad, are we also cutting USPSA back to 5 stages total?

We'll see. I need to go talk the board tonite, they basically cut down all the pistol disciplines to 5 pits, then they didn't tell us about for 4 months and they got angry that we didn't follow their non-communicated directive. If I can't convince them to see the error of their ways, I'll be placing a speed shoot and a classifier in the same pit for extra shooting. 

PS: if you are CJ club member you should tell the board what you think of their decision. 

We'll see. I need to go talk the board tonite, they basically cut down all the pistol disciplines to 5 pits, then they didn't tell us about for 4 months and they got angry that we didn't follow their non-communicated directive. If I can't convince them to see the error of their ways, I'll be placing a speed shoot and a classifier in the same pit for extra shooting.

PS: if you are CJ club member you should tell the board what you think of their decision.

that sounds like a good idea vlad ( speed shoot next to classifier )

Should prevent any build up in pit 1 when people fly through the classifier

Well it also means I may have an easier time getting stages out of folks, so far I gotten zero for this match. 

Vlad, i'll get you something for the "speed shoot" on paper, I can setup that and the classifier, I've been trying to keep the heavy lifting to a minimum as my shoulder has been bothering me alot lately.

-Alec

Well I don't need people to necessarily build the stages they design, we usually get enough volunteers to build,  but I need stage designs so I don't have to reuse old ones. I think Maks already volunteered to build the classifier, and we can use the plate rack in combination with a couple of paper targets for a second stage in the same pit. 

So after the board meeting last nite we are back to 6 pits "provisionally".

How does one go about designing a stage?  Is there a database of old stages somewhere to look at and get ideas or do you just start with a blank piece of paper?  And how would I know the limitations on space and available stage materials?  I've never designed a stage before, but could give it a shot...although you might want a backup stage in case whatever I come up with sucks :jester: