ok. in another thread, there's been talk of cowitness on optics. talk of lower and upper 1/3. high exposure was posting some in there, and i'd like to ask you guys if you could explain these to me. that thread didn't seem like the appropriate place to ask though.

my eotech does not. my gun as a flip up front sight, which when up, totally obscures the optic. if i've got the magnifier in front of the eotech, i cannot flip up the rear sight. both eotech, and magnifier are mounted directly to the rail, as far back as they can go. i had to do this, as it appears as if the magnifier is a short eye relief. when i had them farther forward, i couldn't see #$% through it.

so.....have i got my stuff mounted wrong?

Can you post pictures of your rifle?  When up your optic shouldnt be obscured when shooting with both eyes open.  Your magnifier should be behind the eotech, and should be mounted as far up as it can go.  Adjust the magnifier back as necessary for the eye relief.  Here's my gun. 

\IMG_20140111_011110995_zps8sdzgqia.jpg

This is co-witness

cowit1-1.jpg

i've got it in the lock cabinet at work. i'll snap a pic or two tomorrow and post them. the way you've got yours is pretty much how mine is, 'cept that my magnifier is closer to the eotech. i'll try to get a pic through the sight too, to show what i mean by how obscured it is with the front sight up.

thank ya sir!!

Oh ok, I must have misunderstood some stuff.  What eotech do you have on there?    Look at getting this. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Yankee-Hill-Machine-220-EOTech-Riser-yhm-p/yhm%20220%20eotech%20riser.htm

It will lift it up to the picture on the right.  

IMG_20130825_135442_389_zpsb6a530e5.jpg

This is an eotech 511 I had on a YHM riser.  Imagine what it looks like with the rear sight down.

^ How checko's sight looks in the last picture is how I sight in anything I have with a FSP, dot right above the post.  Your EOTech should not be obscured by the front sight.  If it is you either need a spacer like Checko said or you need to adjust the sight up significantly.  

2 requests. Can you take a pic through the rear sight like mine. It will tell me where your aiming point really is. Also can you get a picture of your front site. It looks like you have a gas block size front sight when you need a rail height.

If not you need to use that riser to raise your eotech up.

2 requests. Can you take a pic through the rear sight like mine. It will tell me where your aiming point really is. Also can you get a picture of your front site. It looks like you have a gas block size front sight when you need a rail height.

If not you need to use that riser to raise your eotech up.

i've got a few more uploading to photobucket now. i can't figure out how to get the camera to focus though, so as to see the front and rear sights along with the dot. 

also...this is an xps2-1.

ok, here we go...

the rear sight is up, but very blurry....

P4100211_zpsdf761e19.jpg

on this one, i got the rear sight in focus, but couldn't get the front sight in focus.....i'm an effing comedy show with this dam camera, lolol

P4100217_zps0065a365.jpg

both sights up....

P4100216_zpsa431d99b.jpg

rear sight....

P4100215_zps7b048aab.jpg

rear sight again....

P4100214_zps1e2a4717.jpg

front sight...

P4100213_zps5b7125a3.jpg

front sight from the side....

P4100212_zpsf564ceba.jpg

i don't know what brands the sights are. they were on the gun when i bought it. it had also been shot the day i bought it, and was being pretty accurate. all i've changed on it, was to add the eotech and magnifier.

honestly, i feel like i'm being pretty stupid here. also.......i just looked through the last post. i can't get the dam sights to get into focus, but the crap on the carpet sure as hell got focused on. dammit!

Is that a utg front sight? I'm not sure about the dimensions but you may want to look to upgrade them, maybe to magpul.

To get a better sight picture, you'll need to use that larue riser I like before. If your current sights are to spec it will give you the sight picture I posted in post 4

I'm pretty sure it is. Utg stuff is generally not well regarded on here, quality wise.

I have no doubt that if you have an in-spec set of sights and use the riser, you will have a very efficient lower 1/3 cowitness. Otherwise I'd personally leave the buis down until needed

i would have to recommend a new front and rear sight.

im sorry to say this but that front and rear sight looks pretty bad and looks like a cheapo sights. im looking for my third set already, i cant seem to find the one thats for me.

That DD front sight was also recommended to me, it looks awesome and so does the troy Fixed front sight as well.

https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/fixed/front

no need to be sorry about anything........i'm here learning, and asking your guys advice. this place is a treasure trove of great information. i'll be on a search now for something nicer/better. i'd kinda prefer to keep with a flip up though....st least for the rear.