ogfarmer

Walther PPS anyone?

You should ask someone that responds and ownes one if you can shoot it.  IMO the only hang up I had was the mag release, I actually liked it a lot and shot really well with it.

Also I think there is a safety that if the back grip  plate is removed the gun wont shoot and i think there were several issues with people having trouble with that safetly not working correctly.  Im sure by now thats been fixed though...

I had one in .40. Great little gun to shoot, best trigger of all the sub compacts I have tried. It did have one flaw I could not live with though. It would have occasional jams with any flat point ammo such as hollow points or Hornady Critical Defense. Ran great with round nose ammo though. I sold it and picked up a Shield which has been flawless.

I just bought this to burn up a permit, its not a PPS. But I'm glad I did its fun to shoot. thought I would hate the mag release, I don't really mind it too much. Figure I can possibly get the wife out to shoot with me sometime now.

Posted Image

I just bought this to burn up a permit, its not a PPS. But I'm glad I did its fun to shoot. thought I would hate the mag release, I don't really mind it too much. Figure I can possibly get the wife out to shoot with me sometime now.

Posted Image

That's nice looking. I wish I was into .22's

^^^ thanks, I'm not into them either in a hand gun. It just caught my eye in the case, had a permit in hand & enough cash in my pocket. So I said what the hell. I never planned on ever buying any .22 pistol, just kinda spontaneously happened. I'm a sucker for carbon fiber lol.

Anyone have first hand experience with the Walther PPS 9mm?

I am kinda interested in this one

I already have a XDs and not too into it

I have a PPS I bought about 4 yrs ago.  It shoots great and well built.  The trigger was slightly gritty when new, but smoothed out real nice after shooting it a couple of times.  I've had no failures with about 1600 rounds through it.  I've been shooting mostly 124gr FMJ & LRN since I reload.  I have shot HP, but not many and it's very accurate for a small pistol.  It's thin and makes a nice CCW piece.  I have no complaints about it and don't mind the mag release at all.

My buddy bought one for his wife. I have put a few hundred rounds through it. I like the mag release. Other than that its probably on par with other similar guns in its size range. I found that the trigger is very hard on my finger, accuracy was not good in my hands. If you shoot compacts well (i dont) than you may like it. I could keep it in the black at 15yds and that is probably fine for its intended purpose.