Barms

How can I opt for less mail from NRA?

Anybody know how I can get less paper mail from NRA? Is there a preferences for my account ?

I will begrudgingly accept EMAIL every single day about something they are trying to sell me, however I don't want to torture my postman. And even worse their parcel is humongous most of the time.

I don't think you can, at least I have not found a way.  I think they have to send out all this crap just to pay for the postage on all the crap they send out.  I just don't get why they send all this crap :(

i can relate to this , i was getting daily calls for contributions at least once a day , and i do my part , i contribute when i can ,also constant mailings .. i finally got a word in between his script reading and told him to put me on his "DO Not Call "list ... this seems to have worked with both calls and mailings , at least for now anyway 

I got a call just the other day --  2pm --  I said "you do realize I work and this is right in the middle of the day, I'd much prefer you'd email me when asking for money so I can read it at my leisure"

Guy on phone says -- "so you want me to call you back later"

I say -- "no, I just said I'd prefer email,  thank you for listening"  and I hung up

If they would stop with the mail -- they wouldn't need to beg for more money --  I throw something out from them almost daily -- think of the postage they would save

I'm not even a member and never was but get weekly mailings,emails daily and a few phone calls besides so I think you're in it for the duration......

Don't EVER give your phone to anyone. Even when UPS requires a number, I give a fake one.

Your phone number goes into a database which is eventually sold, traded, or hacked into.

I just renewed my NRA membership and refused to give them a phone number.

I consider telephone solicitation an invasion of privacy and i usually tell callers that and ask to be put on their "do not call list". That seems to work for phone calls, it hasn't worked so far with NRA mailings. They seem operate like AARP. I don't think their wine, insurance and gadgets are "best buys" but they probably generate maximum profit for the NRA.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at [email protected] or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Jeez people, this is neither a new nor difficult problem. 

The reason they send out the mailing for all sorts of crap is that they can't uses membership dollars for a lot of what you want them to use it for, like anything political. Other revenue streams, to an extent, can be. 

https://www.nramemberservices.org/members/faq/faq.aspx

Don't EVER give your phone to anyone. Even when UPS requires a number, I give a fake one.

Your phone number goes into a database which is eventually sold, traded, or hacked into.

I just renewed my NRA membership and refused to give them a phone number.

I give places my number but change the last digit. That way when I forget my rewards cards I can give them my number and still get the savings.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at [email protected] or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Jeez people, this is neither a new nor difficult problem. 

The reason they send out the mailing for all sorts of crap is that they can't uses membership dollars for a lot of what you want them to use it for, like anything political. Other revenue streams, to an extent, can be. 

https://www.nramemberservices.org/members/faq/faq.aspx

Thanks!

I give places my number but change the last digit. That way when I forget my rewards cards I can give them my number and still get the savings.

Good idea. I always give the same fake number, which is actually one of my old phone numbers.

So same concept, different approach.

Good idea. I always give the same fake number, which is actually one of my old phone numbers.

So same concept, different approach.

I give my real number... it's a cell phone with caller ID.

If I don't know who it is, I don't answer.  Then I look up the number on Google, and if it's a telemarketer (NRA or otherwise), I just add it to a "straight to voicemail" contact so it never even rings.

I give my real number... it's a cell phone with caller ID.

If I don't know who it is, I don't answer.  Then I look up the number on Google, and if it's a telemarketer (NRA or otherwise), I just add it to a "straight to voicemail" contact so it never even rings.

What do you use on Google to look up numbers?  I use "whitepages.com" and their "Reverse Number" feature, but lately they've been wanting to charge $$$ for revealing the actual information... :(

What do you use on Google to look up numbers?  I use "whitepages.com" and their "Reverse Number" feature, but lately they've been wanting to charge $$$ for revealing the actual information... :(

I just type the number straight into the search box.  Usually one of the first results is a "Who's calling me?" type of site, with a blurb about what other people hear when they answer the phone.

If I see SAF, NRA, Comcast telemarketing, etc. in any of the "reviews" I consider it a junk phone number.

If it's an important message (it never is) I figure they'll leave an actual voice-mail (they never do).

I sent an inquiry in via the website, asked them to stop calling and stop mailing me renewal forms when I'm only 3 months into my yearly membership. Said if they couldn't do that I would not renew, especially since it was my opinion the NRA has pretty much given up on NJ.

It took a month to get a response. It was a cut and paste job that said "They added my preference for contact". Nothing about giving up on NJ, not that I really expected one.