Sign in to follow this  
anactivegrenade

Tristar/Canik-55 CZ clones

I just learned about how widely copeid the CZ 75 is. I found one company, Canik-55, that makes these clones for the Turkish military and police.

Tristar Sporting Arms is the importer for Canik-55, and they offer the C-100, which is a alloyed-compact that carries 15 rounds of 9mm (or 13 rounds, I guess depends on what mags you get). And they're being sold for only 300-400 bucks.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/4894134305/11192424/75%20002.jpg

Anyone have experience with these bad boys????

I haven't had a hands on yet, but i have a friend who has one. He hasn't mentioned any issues besides the coating is easy to chip and he wasn't a fan of the stock grips. Considering a true cz steel frame is like 600+ I don't see them as being a bad cheaper alternative. 

I have one.  It's awesome and shoots like a laser.  4.5" ported barrel.  Hard chrome aluminum frame and slide.  15 rounds of 9mm.  Double/single.  Decent trigger. 

It also happens to be for sale as autoloaders aren't quite my thing unless the model number starts with a "1" and is followed by a "911". 

Not sure where you are but if you're in the north jersey area you are welcome to stop by and take a gander at it, no obligation. I am open to offers, however ;)

C

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/2544-wts-canik-shark-9mm/

I haven't had a hands on yet, but i have a friend who has one. He hasn't mentioned any issues besides the coating is easy to chip and he wasn't a fan of the stock grips. Considering a true cz steel frame is like 600+ I don't see them as being a bad cheaper alternative. 

The price is what gets me. I've heard very little bad of them, so I'm tempted.

There's a reason so many companies copy CZ.

I'd buy a real 75B before I bought anything else.

No cash for a real CZ at the moment :-(.

I have one.  It's awesome and shoots like a laser.  4.5" ported barrel.  Hard chrome aluminum frame and slide.  15 rounds of 9mm.  Double/single.  Decent trigger. 

It also happens to be for sale as autoloaders aren't quite my thing unless the model number starts with a "1" and is followed by a "911". 

Not sure where you are but if you're in the north jersey area you are welcome to stop by and take a gander at it, no obligation. I am open to offers, however ;)

C

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/2544-wts-canik-shark-9mm/

I saw your listing, the Shark looks awesome. However, I'd probably go with a compact model, in C-100 not T-100. Also, my permits aren't in from the PD yet. Thank you though.

FWIW, I've only seen good reviews of these pistols, even at the CZ owners forums.

Excellent to hear. Thank you.