mag1

Strider Custom PT's going up for sale 3pm EST

At 3pm EST, MSC PT's are going up for sale..$550 plus shipping. These are gonna be all blacked out!

Here is the site they will be on when available. Just keep refreshing your browser at 3pm if you want a chance to get one.

http://mickstridercustomknives.com/product-category/msc-knives/mick-strider-custom-knives/

Sneaky Stealth PT 
         Its what you want riding in your pocket 
                  Release Date : April 11th 12:00 PM PST 

Priced @ $ 550.00
                          Now for your viewing pleasure …….                                image.jpeg
PT Specs:

Overall Length - 6.5 "
Blade Length- 3.25 "
Cutting Edge - 2.25 "
Weight- 2.625 oz

The MSC Performance PT offered now in Stealth mode.
Twin 3D contoured , stress relieved, 6AL4V titanium scales.
Stonewashed for durability, then PVD coated in CrN ( Chromium Nitride)
Non-Lockside & Pocket clip are deep engraved with MSC logo. Lock face is heat-treated and carbidized. Swiss machined 6AL4V Ti back spacer and pivot. S30V blade with PVD applied CrN ( Chromium Nitride ) coating. Blades are asymmetrically sharpened to maintain the HRC 85 edge generated from the Chromium Nitride coating.

MSC zipped knife pouch * MADE IN AMERICA * by CSM Gear included !
                             Priced at 550.00 (+ Shipping & Handling)

eh, Strider's aren't worth the money.......IMO, frankly I think they are overrated.......having owned a few of them

Better to put the money in a terzuola......

Thank the USN cartel for getting them the name they have..

The custom ones are pricey. Depends what you like about a custom.  Bob's knives are a different breed, and getting more expensive each year.

There is a big difference between the custom and production Strider's if you are into customs.

Both are difficult to get. I have no love for the production Strider line, but Mick does do a wicked grind.

These PT's are more of a performance one. In between a custom and production I would think.

If you never have held or used a true custom, then you realize that price is not out of the question.....if you are just a production, $ 35.00 -150$ knife guy then I get your LOL...

I am totally a terzuola fanboy as well as elishewitz & emerson....  my grail cqc8 is simply outstanding...  :)

Still a good price for a mick custom if you desire one...best of luck to whoever gets one..

Got any customs to move??  :drinks:

Yes

20140409_143729_zpse033af55.jpg

A little off topic but how are the Wilson Combat knives? I know really nothing about high end knives so any information would be an education.

And yes, I bought one of these Strider knives about 30 minutes ago. Will probably never use it and sell it but I just want to see one in person.

If I could not lose or break my pocket knives then maybe I would consider carrying it as an EDC. Im best off with the $30 Kershaws in my pocket.

A little off topic but how are the Wilson Combat knives? I know really nothing about high end knives so any information would be an education.

And yes, I bought one of these Strider knives about 30 minutes ago. Will probably never use it and sell it but I just want to see one in person.

If I could not lose or break my pocket knives then maybe I would consider carrying it as an EDC. Im best off with the $30 Kershaws in my pocket.

Congrats on the PT. They arent the best, but if you can get one, why not.

The WC knives dont do it for me, except for the CRK ones. They are my fav productions..Of course without the stamp and those stupid lock stabilizer discs..UGLY

Know whats in my pocket right now???

Kershaw S30V BLUR

There is no way I could ever be convinced to drop that kind of coin on anything less than a golden samurai sword that does all the work for me. My $150-$200 benchmades are perfect. I can't find anything about them that I would change and be willing to spend THAT much more. Nothing.

There is no way I could ever be convinced to drop that kind of coin on anything less than a golden samurai sword that does all the work for me. My $150-$200 benchmades are perfect. I can't find anything about them that I would change and be willing to spend THAT much more. Nothing.

That is exactly what I thought back then. I thought my $60 Blur blem was the sh!!. 

Then I drooled over a sebenza and thought to myself who the hell would spend that kind of money($400) on one.

If you like knives, stay away from a custom show. 

Ask Topher, he got the fever. I think he even made one not too long ago. 

Best part of a nice custom is using it. 

A lot of people blown away at the price which is surprising as I'm sure most of you would not question someone spending over 2-3k on a custom 1911.

The other thing is these things can double/triple in value in the secondary market.  $550 is a steal for that knife based on the maker.  Would more than

double in value by the time you took possesion if I had to guess.

I got this one below for $650.  Rip off right?   I've been offered $1600 for it.  I turned it down.

IMG_1001+-+dark.JPG

High-end knives aren't my thing (the most expensive knife I own is a $200 CQC-7. And that was a gift).

My brother, though, has some customs that run well over $1k. And he'll swear they're worth every penny and then some.

So $550 sounds totally reasonable for a quality knife.

I guess.

A lot of people blown away at the price which is surprising as I'm sure most of you would not question someone spending over 2-3k on a custom 1911.

The other thing is these things can double/triple in value in the secondary market.  $550 is a steal for that knife based on the maker.  Would more than

double in value by the time you took possesion if I had to guess.

I got this one below for $650.  Rip off right?   I've been offered $1600 for it.  I turned it down.

IMG_1001+-+dark.JPG

You SOB

I certainly can appreciate a quality item, but I'd most likely lose that knife if I bought it.

I have..The PT is pretty small, but a good worker. The SnG is the next one up in size, then the SMF

I am not a Strider fan at all..I just dig the grinds Mick is able to put on them. I do not own any production striders..Not worth the price in my opinion because of the quality control issue. All of mine sucked, and you pretty much have to hand pick one. 

The customs are a different animal, but they are pricey. I would rather an RJ Martin any day than a MSC SnG..And they are about the same price

The most expensive knife I've owned is a Sebenza. I was disappointed at how much rougher it was to open than my $60 Benchmade Griptilian. I ended up losing it while high-knee marching through thick, marshy weeds while pheasant hunting in SD. I think I'll stick with my production knives for now. 

The most expensive knife I've owned is a Sebenza. I was disappointed at how much rougher it was to open than my $60 Benchmade Griptilian. I ended up losing it while high-knee marching through thick, marshy weeds while pheasant hunting in SD. I think I'll stick with my production knives for now. 

Once the seb gets broken in, it flips open with a flick of your thumb. They are still production knives. Nice production knives actually and good customer service.

Grips can fire open like a rocket, but they develop blade play and other problems