Sign in to follow this  
lexcruiser

ID this AK variant?

Quick search and here's your answer on the build. All the parts are listed to build your own.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/56783-completed-saiga-project/

I do have to say it does look nice. There seems to be some modifications since the user posted up the parts though.

I was under the impression a forward grip is an evil feature so a muzzle device, pistol grip, and removable mag adding the forward grip would make it an assualt weapon.

This is my understanding from what iv been TolD and read.

If I'm wrong (and probably am) please let me know what the law acutally says.

I was under the impression a forward grip is an evil feature so a muzzle device, pistol grip, and removable mag adding the forward grip would make it an assualt weapon.

This is my understanding from what iv been TolD and read.

If I'm wrong (and probably am) please let me know what the law acutally says.

Forward grip is only a no go on a handgun

this signature exceeds the 15 character count capacity

Quick search and here's your answer on the build. All the parts are listed to build your own.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/56783-completed-saiga-project/

I do have to say it does look nice. There seems to be some modifications since the user posted up the parts though.

yea, I did change a few things around, replaced the Midwest industries handguard with a damage industries handguard, changed to a variable 1-6 optic, replaced the parabellum armament akars rail with a Texas weapons system dog leg and cut off front sight post plus shortened the barrel oh and got rid of the wireless tac light grip. I've been meaning to post some updated pictures but I figured id wait till my offset backup sights are done, I'm in the middle of some major mod work to try and work out a 45 degree back up system, really excited about that and I'm just about done, ill do some proper pictures in the ak pic thread once I'm done

I would like to see a better pic of it. I think the flash light is making it look as if it has a fatter barrel and is shorter in length. Still a cool rifle, but I think a different pic will change things.

here you go

DSCF1632_zps88737c18.jpg

DSCF1631_zps7cd869bd.jpg

DSCF1629_zps618b0b36.jpg

DSCF1628_zpsa0f85301.jpg

DSCF1626_zps023ff85d.jpg

DSCF1625_zpsfcba9727.jpg

DSCF1624_zps3216c19d.jpg

DSCF1622_zpsfca8cc5c.jpg

DSCF1621_zpsf0f6eb4a.jpg

it may seem silly but the primary reason is because I get about an inch or so more rail space behind the optic with the dog leg which I am trying to use for a side back up sight

Doesn't seem silly. figured someone who had both would be good feedback for someone deciding between the 2

its a 1-6x variable designed for the 7.62x39 round. just released about a month ago by primary arms. it has a bdc reticle out to 500 yards

How do you like the optic? I'm thinking of the same one.