Blake

Rem 870 bullpup conversion

Picked up one of these recently bc I wanted a ksg but between iffy reviews and the price I had held off. This popped up cheap so I grabbed it, not expecting much.

Its awesome! Ergonomics are great, recoil isnt any worse than a reg 870, and hitting targets and birds with the red dot is a breeze. Gf & I took it to the range today and it was totally a blast. Using the manual clay machines we were even consistently hitting the pigeons.

I would never use it for hd but its a nice little range toy. If you can find a cheap used 870 I would recommend trying this out.

Posted Image

Blake, just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use this as a HD gun and, before everyone jumps on me about better selections for HD I'm just asking what it is about this Remington.

6+1 capacity combined with the fact that the location of the loading tube is now directly in front of your shoulder making it nearly impossible to reload on the fly. Also no available side saddle to carry additional ammo.

Some may argue that being a bullpup might counter those negatives. Being able to maneuver a small overall length might be worth the lost capacity and reloading capability, to the right person...like me lol. If I clear my home it's nothing but tight corners.

I actually just bought an 870 Wingmaster Receiver with plans to do a build.

While I'm planning on rebuilding it as close to "stock" as possible, I am interested in having this just because FIIC, what did it run you?

While I'm planning on rebuilding it as close to "stock" as possible, I am interested in having this just because FIIC, what did it run you?

I bought the whole package converted but unfired. New barrel, tube, receiver, sightmark ultra shot reflex, and sling for under $500. I know the guy lost a bundle on it.

I bought the whole package converted but unfired. New barrel, tube, receiver, sightmark ultra shot reflex, and sling for under $500. I know the guy lost a bundle on it.

Aesthetically it's "Not my thing", but I still like it would be fun to play with, awesome buy!

Aesthetically it's "Not my thing", but I still like it would be fun to play with, awesome buy!

Agree its ugly as sin, even uglier than the utas, but I wanted to try a bullpup shotgun and the price was right. I think the ksg wins hands down aesthetically.

6+1 capacity combined with the fact that the location of the loading tube is now directly in front of your shoulder making it nearly impossible to reload on the fly. Also no available side saddle to carry additional ammo.

You can add a shell holder to the rail on the top of your bulpup. I saw one with something like this mounted to the top and it looked pretty cool, and the optic was still visible.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Picatinny-Shell-Holder-Shotguns/dp/B009PXHMI6

I literally just made a post on this a few weeks ago, as I was thinking about picking one up of budsgunshop.com. Now that I can see a pic of it that isn't stock, I love how it looks. Can you use a barrel that's longer than 18.5?

Booooo. Shotguns need wood.

I actually just broke down and ordered one of these earlier today, I can't wait for it to come in.

So it has nothing to do with reliability? 

I literally just made a post on this a few weeks ago, as I was thinking about picking one up of budsgunshop.com. Now that I can see a pic of it that isn't stock, I love how it looks. Can you use a barrel that's longer than 18.5?

Greetings,   Yes you can I picked up one from a guy who converted a 28" Barrel Wingmaster.   Added a 5 shot tube to it.  Over all length is 38" and a 9 shot capacity +1 in barrel.   Have not had a chance to try it much.  Torn rotator cuff has kept be sidelined.   It might  diminish some of the benefits of the bull pup design.   Will know more when I get a chance to work with it.   

Gun1.jpg

Here us a picture of it.  Sort of ugly, but not as unwieldy as it looks.  After I get down to  evaluating it,  I will probably convert the Wingmaster back to wood and put a 18" 870 I have in the kit.  Or sell the kit.  Many choices at this point. 

Gun1.jpg

Here us a picture of it.  Sort of ugly, but not as unwieldy as it looks.  After I get down to  evaluating it,  I will probably convert the Wingmaster back to wood and put a 18" 870 I have in the kit.  Or sell the kit.  Many choices at this point. 

Actually, that thing looks crazy! I like how it looks!