Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

First Sig

Just put a dp on Sig P226 9mm Extreme.... Used but mint. Low round count.

I'm generally an HK and 1911 fan but was yelled at for not owning any Sigs yet.

After thoughts?

Anyone got anything they don't want from theirs? :)

Thing is sweet and comes with night sights, SRT, Nitron finish and G10 grips....

Here's a stock photo till I get it... (Effing one gun a month bs).... So got to wait till end of this month.... Was going to get a MK25 Navy but couldn't pass up this deal...

post-5135-139758212462_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I just ordered a SIG Caliber X-Change Kit in 9mm and plan to order P226 22 Classic soon when my 30 days come closer to an end :-)

SRT trigger must be great, I need to investigate a little more if it should work with P226 22 Classic with 9mm upper installed.

If I like the setup, I might be getting .40 cal X-Change kit as well (will be 3 guns in 1 essentially...)

I just ordered a SIG Caliber X-Change Kit in 9mm and plan to order P226 22 Classic soon when my 30 days come closer to an end :-)

SRT trigger must be great, I need to investigate a little more if it should work with P226 22 Classic with 9mm upper installed.

If I like the setup, I might be getting .40 cal X-Change kit as well (will be 3 guns in 1 essentially...)

Their site is a tad confusing regarding the kits.... They have them at OSA....

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/two-step-caliber-x-change-kit-316.aspx

As for the SRT, quite a few brand pistols have SRT these days. I have them on several of my guns. Nice to have....

Their site is a tad confusing regarding the kits.... They have them at OSA....

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/two-step-caliber-x-change-kit-316.aspx

As for the SRT, quite a few brand pistols have SRT these days. I have them on several of my guns. Nice to have....

I ordered a kit off Rockwell Arms - they still seem to have five 9mm kits in stock for P226 and the price is better than directly from SIG unless you have 20% off coupon (and even with this coupon it might be only a bit better)

http://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/productDetails/Sig-Sauer-P226-9mm-Caliber-Conversion-Kit-SIGLITE-Night-Sights-CALX-226-9-BSS

I'm not really up on these kits knowledge wise. But beings my Extreme is a 9mm.... If anything, I'd go down to 22 if any such animal.

I'm not trying to traverse outside my calibers already owned. I've been consolidating down to just 9mm, .45acp and .40 handgun ammo weapons.

Same thing rifle wise.... 5.56, 7.62 and 12g shotguns...

Hard enough to stockpile all this ammo as is these days.

Good find. Yes you can go down to the .22 x-change kit if you can find it. I bought my P226 Classic in .22 then added the .40 x-change kit and still came out less then buying it as A .40 centerfire.  Now after the post above its time to grab the 9mm x-change kit.

Finally picked it up today. Stripped it down, cleaned and Frog lubed it. The short reset trigger on this puppy is sweet. Even shorter than my P30... Hurumph...

Now just need time to get to the range...

nu9a9egy.jpg

post-5135-139880383831_thumb.jpg

Nice looking Pistol. You made A good decision.

I have the SRT parts kit on the way for my P226, should be here Thursday. I'll put it in and try it out Sunday after our Camping trip this weekend. Might even be able to give it A run A Shooters , being that I will be camping about 3 miles from there this weekend.

Enjoy your new addition.

Thanks.... I hope I don't regret getting one sooner. I've been an HK and 1911 fan for so long, never thought I'd really want to try something different.

Looking forward to it....

Congratulations, I believe I am ordering a MK25 next week, I hope you love yours and shoot it in health.

I keep going back & forth between a Sig P226 MK25 9mm and a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Stainless, but in my particular case the "smarter" choice is the Sig, the perhaps more deep down wanting but not as smart choice is the 1911.

Congratulations, I believe I am ordering a MK25 next week, I hope you love yours and shoot it in health.

I keep going back & forth between a Sig P226 MK25 9mm and a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Stainless, but in my particular case the "smarter" choice is the Sig, the perhaps more deep down wanting but not as smart choice is the 1911.

Thanx!

If ya can find one, go for the MK25 Desert....Already comes with the SRT...

:)

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

I absoutely adore my P226. The best shooting of all 3 of my pistols (but the fourth may be on the way).

Although,  I did try it today, for the first time, with those 147 grain flat head 9mm cartridges (Am Eagle). For whatever reason, they were harder to load in the mag (even with an Uplula), and, for the 1st rack in each full mag, the slide did not seem to close all the way, although it did eventually. Nonetheless,  they all fired well, and there were no FTFs/FTEs. I had no trouble with the 147 Flat Heads in the Shield, though.

But I absolutely adore my P226! :)

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1398822078857.jpgthese babies are sweet. I love mine.I need that mat you have though

Tek Mats for a lot of guns at Amazon... If you are a prime customer, most ship 2 days free.

Yeah the difference in price between the Desert and the standard is considerable, the MK25 sale right now is $774.15 and a desert is easily over a grand... msrp is like $1100 almost and most places are selling them close to $1000.

I may buy a M11-A1 Desert in August/September as my primary CCW.  I *most likely* will get a Glock 27, hopefully a G27 Gen 4, FDE NS, for EDC to go with my G23 but if I have some dough I may opt for the M11-A1 Desert.

Anyway congrats