Sig226GuyNJ

Spikes Tactical ST-T2 Buffer

Man you guys are a rough crowd.....lol... Iam running the Spikes st-t2 with a JP performance carbine spring in a 14.5 Spikes/FN Mid length gas system. Shoots really smooth and no BOINGGGGGGG also running a Dynacomp with it. Runs with everything I have fed it.. its my go too setup for a carbine gas system also.... deffinetly seems to smooth out the cycling IMO.... hope this helps a bit....

Man you guys are a rough crowd.....lol... Iam running the Spikes st-t2 with a JP performance carbine spring in a 14.5 Spikes/FN Mid length gas system. Shoots really smooth and no BOINGGGGGGG also running a Dynacomp with it. Runs with everything I have fed it.. its my go too setup for a carbine gas system also.... deffinetly seems to smooth out the cycling IMO.... hope this helps a bit....

Have you run it in the winter/cold with something other than m193 spec ammo?

What's the difference in the JP spring and a stock mil-spec spring?

The JP spring is an extra power spring that uses a flat wire spring that is polished compared to the stock run of the mill carbine springs... I've used them on all my ar's and have never had an issue... the bonus is it doesn't have that BOINGGGGGGG sound... and its much smoother in cycling the bolt.. hope this helps...

I received the buffer on Thurs. Planning to hit the range up tom to test it out. I'll report back.

Do me a favor. Before you put it in. Wth the lower off and no spring in the tube. Have the tube 90 degrees up and drop the buffer down the tube. Then tilt upside down. Do that ten times and tell me if the buffer slides top to bottom every time and never catches inside so you'd have to give it a little shake to fall. Thanks.

Do me a favor. Before you put it in. Wth the lower off and no spring in the tube. Have the tube 90 degrees up and drop the buffer down the tube. Then tilt upside down. Do that ten times and tell me if the buffer slides top to bottom every time and never catches inside so you'd have to give it a little shake to fall. Thanks.

Hey. Sorry I took so long. It never caught and slid every time.

I finally got to the range this weekend. Fired 150 rounds of IMI855, PMC Bronze, and reloaded .223. Bolt stayed open after last round with all ammo, until after around 100 rounds where it wouldn't stay open with the weaker PMC ammo. It still locked back with other ammo. Took out bolt, lubed it up, and again it did lock back with every ammo including the PMC. Thanks everyone for your advice. Lesson learned? Make sure the bolt is sufficiently lubed, especially when shooting weaker ammo.

One thing I forgot to mention. On last shot, when I went to reload and tilted the rifle with he muzzle facing upwards, the charging handle would slide down a little bit. I've never experienced this before. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this?

Was it fully forward and latched?

If not, it will slide.

One thing I forgot to mention. On last shot, when I went to reload and tilted the rifle with he muzzle facing upwards, the charging handle would slide down a little bit. I've never experienced this before. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this?

Brand new CH?   If the latch on the ch isnt working correctly the handle will slide around all willy nilly.   

Try to duplicate it. Is there a lot of tension on the spring at the lever?

I'll check that tonight.

Yes I would push it all the way forward and the try to pull it back without releasing the latch and see if it comes back

If I push the CH back in, it does latch. It just wont' latch when last shot is fired. If I tilt muzzle up to reload, the CH slides down. But it does latch and stay latched if I push it in.