Sign in to follow this  
7-3-2

Vortex Strikefire ii/sparc ii

So originally I had no interest in an optic because I couldnt justify paying for an aimpoint or eotech. I got to looking around the web and am intrigued with the strikefire ii and sparc ii. I know that most complaints about the original design had to do with the lens cover being a pain the arse (and that seems to have been addressed with the newer models). Is there any other problems I should take into consideration that anyone here as experienced? Also, does anyone have any recommendations in the $200 price range outside of primary arms or bushnell that might be a option that is close in value?

I have the first Strikefire. The only negative for me is where the power button is located. It will turn itself on with the slightest bump and turn itself off when you set your rifle down on a table. Apparently with the newer one, you have to hold the power button down to 5 secs to turn it off, but it seems you can still accidentally turn it on without knowing.

I have the first Strikefire. The only negative for me is where the power button is located. It will turn itself on with the slightest bump and turn itself off when you set your rifle down on a table. Apparently with the newer one, you have to hold the power button down to 5 secs to turn it off, but it seems you can still accidentally turn it on without knowing.

Didnt they also move the location of the controls so that they are rear facing? Wouldn't. That help to solve the issue.

Same for me. Great optic otherwise.

Have used both the original Strikefire and Sparc.  Satisfied with both.  Have used the Bushnell TRS-25 as well as the Primary Arms M4 and they are great low end RDSs as well.  Can't go wrong with any of them for RDS. 

Didnt they also move the location of the controls so that they are rear facing? Wouldn't. That help to solve the issue.

I don't own a StrikeFire 2, but I believe the control locations are exactly the same. The only difference is with the 2 you must hold down power button for 5 secs to shut off.

I have a SPARC and I have no complaints but, I have a bad astigmatism so RDS are not good for me. I don't use it anymore went to a 1x4 and am much happier. You will like it, great company also. They will stand behind all their products!!

It looks like with the Sparc 2, they changed the power button so you will no longer have an issue of accidentally turning it on.

Oh okay maybe I was thinking about the Sparc then when I said the controls were changed.

I love the sparc for its lightweight but the strikefire looks better imo with the mount that comes included

Yeah I also love the reassurance of the vortex warranty

Speaking of the warranty.  I have a small issue with one of the wire tethers for the windage caps as mine keeps popping off because the wire loop is too big.

I shot a quick email to customer service asking if there was a fix I could perform myself to tighten the loop.  I got a response in less than 12 hours saying that they'll immediately send a fedex return shipping label and that they'll send me another brand new one as soon as the label tracking # is activated with my drop-off.

That is excellent customer service...  On par with Springfield Armory

Vortex definitely has me a customer for a very long time

Speaking of the warranty. I have a small issue with one of the wire tethers for the windage caps as mine keeps popping off because the wire loop is too big.

I shot a quick email to customer service asking if there was a fix I could perform myself to tighten the loop. I got a response in less than 12 hours saying that they'll immediately send a fedex return shipping label and that they'll send me another brand new one as soon as the label tracking # is activated with my drop-off.

That is excellent customer service... On par with Springfield Armory

Vortex definitely has me a customer for a very long time

Thats awesome, some people might think its not good to fa tor a warranty into a purchase but I always factor it in personally.

I have a viper pst 4-16x 50 and i love it. Customer service and life time unconditional warranty was also a factor in my decision to go with Vortex . You really have nothing to lose

with a warranty like that ,unless of course you just don't like the product. I dont have $2500 for a nightforce and i'm quite happy with my vortex